• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem(may be vid card)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mark2kay

Registered
i got a problem ill be playing games and the game will just freeze and ull hear this weird noize i har with all games i play.note it usually freezes after a while of game playing 2-3 hours.im usinbg a amd xp 1800 with 318 pc 133 ram.go gig hard drive and nvidia tnt2 32 meg. id ont know what to do

ps i know my vid cards limitations(i tryed morrowmind,uhhhhhh never again)im plying simple game a game called pristontale afree onling mmorpg.eng.pristontale.com

this could be caused from many factors .ie overclocking ;)
you might want to run some stress testing on your unit to see if any one device is causing it to hang like that. furthermore, your video board is a lol bit older than most of the current ones :p, and it might not bve up to par on handling the graphics. :::BTW::: would help to know what games are crashing and what the seetings you have for them are at. sounds like it could just be as simple as fine tuining some seetings in BIOS or haveing a driver changed. Feel free to email. good luck:D

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

I suggest you first update your drivers

And are you currently overclocked? This might be a temperature problem. Please post your temps using your bios or with a program like "mother board monitor"

What type of noise is it and where does it come from? I have a feeling that its the motherboard saying somethings too hot and its shutting it down.

-PC

thx 4 feed back guys im not overclocking and the sound is like an annnnnn.it comes from speakers and im play games on basic settings.and just today it actually glitched just from watching vids 4 awhile.aftr i crasg n retsart my temps only 109,im using an k7s5a .i want to set my cpu to 133 and dram to 100 but the is bios is gay for some reson i cant to that i can sett cpu to 100 and have ram at 133 when i press page up n down that comebo just isnt there.is there reason the disable this combo.

i mentioned game i play pristontale

oh yea forgot to mention morrowmind dont even work without detonator drivers but pritontale dont work witout old drivers.since morrowmind runs trrrible and still get prob anyway i use old drivers.

K dude....breathe..I have the same prob...I thought it was bad mem....hot cpu and even a bad vid card. It is the detonator 30 driver in my case. Uninstall your Nvidia drivers...and reinstall version 29 from Nvidia.

Post some specs about your rig so we can better help you.
the link below takes you to the win 2000/xp driver page..there is a list of drivers, try version 29.
I asume you have win xp..if not look for the win 98 drivers...good luck and please post back..I wanna see if I correct. it works for me!

link below?im not even using any detonator drivers.im using the ones on tha driver cd.

specs
xp1800
60 gig
320 ram(pc133 sd)
k7s5a board
cmedia 4.1 speaker card
pny tnt2 32meg

unusual im running at 100/100 and have had no freezes yet 4 awhile this sux why is 133/133 unstable 4 me?

Last edited:
i ran sistran tune up wizard and i says my pci latency for my lan and videocard is 2 high.

uh-huh

i have the k7s5a, and it won't let me change the ram or cpu frequency over 100. i tried 133 on both, then had to flash the bios cause it wouldn't work. i have no idea what the prob is, but if you did change it, it wouldn't make too much of a difference. try defragging!!! primitive but full of benefits and rich in vitamin C!

Back