• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best version of MSN Messenger ever....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fedorenko

Hi,

I recently decided to find out which version of MSN Messenger was the fastest, most secure, and better looking.

The results are in:

- The award for the fastest is *gasp* Version 1!. With the newest version of MSN it takes me 20 seconds to log in. With version 1, it is more like 5 seconds.

- The award for the most secure is a tie between Version 4.6 and *gasp* Version 1. As I am told, the newest MSN has teh best RSA security, but Version 1 has the following handy 'features':

~ Anti Flooding. Why is this? Because there are no smileys ect. They just turn up as : ).

~ Anti Virus. Why is this? Because there is no file tranfer capability (this came in version 3).

-Finally, the award for the best looking is (in my eyes) *gasp* Version 1. As you can see in the picture provided, Version 1 has a simple, clean interface, without the colours and 'eye candy' that is present with the current version.

This means that Version 1 :eek: is the winner. While, its interface and lack of some features does not apeal to everybody, for people that pefer speed, simplicty, and some securtiy features Version 1 is the way to go.

If you want to download MSN Messenger Version1 click here. This download link is compliments of Mess.be.

What are your thoughts?

Wow...hehe, but I wonder if they'll change the protocol once MSN5 comes out...forcing you to upgrade...

If it works, stick with it. :D

Sure am sticking with it.

Now lets all pray they wont change the protocol :D

I dont want to consider what I will do if they DO decide to change it :mad:

Oh yes, a few more points of intrest.

- You have to log manually into hotmail when you click 'check email' while for some, this is annoying, to me, it is a huge security feature.

- As you can see in the screenshot, there is only a small window that has 'MSN Messenger Service'. This, never has advertising in it, and it just stays how it is shown in the pic.

reddeathdrinker said:
IMO, I have the best version of MSN Messanger. It's called Trillian......:)

Yep! Trillian rocks... For anyone who hasn't tried it, go to www.trillian.cc and download it. It does take some getting use to but there are many skins and they rock!

I used trillian, and It sucked. Why (I have learnt to explain myself, thanks Silverskinsam)? Because it is unstable, buggy, it drops connections and its interface is annyoing.

Give me MSN Messenger Version 1 any day.....

Whatever make you feel comfortable is the best version for you. You can suggest to someone to try a certain software that you like but if they dont feel comfortable using it they will say it sucks and will uninstall it. Its a personal choice for everyone. I use ICQ because i like how it works and im used to it, some like Trillian and some like msn messenger.

Before I started using v1, the only reason I used MSN Messenger was most, if not all people at my school use it. If you mention Yahoo, or AIM, you get laughed at :D.

Back