• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Purple Screen HELP!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoopyLee-C

Registered
Please could some one tel me what the hell is going on ?

I have a Gforce 2MX 400 with TV out running in a P4 MSI board with 2 Skuzzy cd roms with PC800 memory and a 40gig hard drive. and networks card for cable.

I have been getting problems when playing movies. The films start and then it flickers and part of the screen goes purple and then the flickering continues on a cycle. When the flickering happens the picture is fine apart from the purple bloches and then it goes ok. This continues all the way through the movies. This does not happen on anything els and I have tryed chaging the graphics card.

I know its not the film because I burnt it to disk and it plays fine on my friends computer.

Could someone please give me an Idea of what it is ?

Thanks Lee:confused:

LoopyLee-C said:
Please could some one tel me what the hell is going on ?

I have a Gforce 2MX 400 with TV out running in a P4 MSI board with 2 Skuzzy cd roms with PC800 memory and a 40gig hard drive. and networks card for cable.

I have been getting problems when playing movies. The films start and then it flickers and part of the screen goes purple and then the flickering continues on a cycle. When the flickering happens the picture is fine apart from the purple bloches and then it goes ok. This continues all the way through the movies. This does not happen on anything els and I have tryed chaging the graphics card.

I know its not the film because I burnt it to disk and it plays fine on my friends computer.

Could someone please give me an Idea of what it is ?

Thanks Lee:confused:

I think you should completely remove your video cards drivers.

My computer>Properties>Hardware>Device manager>Display adapter> HIT THE + >Highlight Nvidia XXXXX and select Remove

Reboot and then reinstall a new driver. (29.42 for me at least is the most stable driver, as the most current driver is a lemon)

PS Welcome to the forums ;)

LoopyLee-C said:
This continues all the way through the movies. This does not happen on anything els and I have tryed chaging the graphics card.

Ok, so that rules out the graphics card if you have tried others. I assume you mean it is a video cd rather than a dvd, correct? Just wanted to clarrify this to determine if its a dvd player problem or not...

Warez, Crackz, and Copyrighted material

This is to clarify the position of this site regarding Warez information and warez sites, Crackz and information about crackz, and the posting and downloading of copyrighted material.

Overclockers prohibits the promotion of, and reference to, any program or website which contains or distributes Warez, Crackz, and pirated copyrighted material, including but not limited to music and video.

Discussion of Warez, crackz, and pirated copyrighted material is not permitted in this forum. Any offer to provide or request to receive warez, crackz, and bootleg material will be deleted without notice and the offender will be warned. A repeat offense is grounds for permanent dismissal, without recourse, from these forums.

This is a serious issue for this Forum. Allowing discussion of and, by extension condoning the distribution of, said information jeopardizes the very existence of this Forum. As such, it will not be tolerated. For the long-term future of this site, please abide by this rule.

Thanks,

Overclockers.com Forum Management Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Back