• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Roadrunner cable opinions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daemonfly

Did a search, but didn't find anything.. so.

Whats everyone's opinions on Roadrunner Cable service? If you have it, pros & cons?

They just came into our area, and it's cheaper than our local DSL services.

2m down &, I think, 300k up for $46

Closest DSL deal is $49 and a hell of a lot slower, 700k down I beleive.

I have roadrunner and loving it. 80-40 ms on games, and it can go over 2mb, i get 2.5mb-3mb of speed around in my area. Its a pretty good service.

U shud get it over dsl.

EDIT:
The only cons it has is the fact that its cable and ur bandwidth can go down. Also thats SOMETIMES roadrunner goes down [ it did this like 1.5 months ago and i had no internet for around 7 hours ]. That only happened once ever inthe 3 years i've had rr.

Thanks, I'm lookin for honest answers like this.

When the speed drops, how low does it usually go? I assume this is in the evenings, when more people are online & eating up the bandwidth.

I use to have RR. *weeep*

I loved it and am in internet withdrawl.
Get it if you can , and never dare say anything bad about it.........like I once did. *weeep*

hehe
I moved into the dorms and have shi11y WAN now.
I use to peak at 5-6MB with RR in the early morning. It ROXXORs:cool:

there coming up the street from me i can see the construction really intrested in what they have to offer

Roadrunner's quick... almost as quick as a t1 line. I have adelphia now, and it's quicker. Then again, adelphia is also bankrupt, so... In any case, it's no worse than DSL.

Roadrunner

Advertised speed is 3 Mbps down, 1.5 Mbps up. Where I'm at (and it does depend on the local congestion) I get only 1.1 Mbps down and .66 Mbps up. That's still fast but I feel like I getting ripped off at $45/month.

Well, I'm here in Erie, Pa... not that big of a city, and it's new to the area, so i'm assuming the speed itself should be good for quite a while.

I've got roadrunner down here in San Diego and love it. The only complaint that I have is that they don't allow me to use my own friggin cable modem. When I moved, I went from a cox area, where you get a $10 discount for having your own modem, to roadrunner where you don't get the option to use your own modem.

Back