• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What happened to ISS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You'd have to ask Matthew or William but I'm pretty sure that it was a summer thing only.

It is because the fall semester started. The computer are pretty much cleaned and Folding@Home was removed from all except apparently two computers. I only am aware of one of the computers that has it. It isn't producing much because it is always logged off. I will try to set it up to fold when logged off. Our administrator has not put the firewall up though. Shhhh!!!! Don't tell him!!!!!

Matthew1001 said:
It is because the fall semester started. The computer are pretty much cleaned and Folding@Home was removed from all except apparently two computers. I only am aware of one of the computers that has it. It isn't producing much because it is always logged off. I will try to set it up to fold when logged off. Our administrator has not put the firewall up though. Shhhh!!!! Don't tell him!!!!!

Well, even if ISS never folds again, you had a very good summer.

DmdStar said:

That's an understatement. Way to go Matthew!

You may notice that ISS is still producing, but it is really slow. We just turned in a PolyQ50 which took 5 out of the maximum of 7 days on a 1200 Mhz processor. I don't have the power to make F@H run when it isn't logged on. William convinced our technology administrator to allow us to Fold so most of the credit goes to him. I hope we can do it next summer also.

Back