• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT7 Caps blown, anyone know online vendor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daemonfly

KA7 Caps blown, anyone know online vendor?

My KA7 Raid, and now my KA7 mobos have blown caps. Been playing Warcraft 3 & can hear the caps blowing:eek:

I've tried looking for vendors that sell the same SIZE caps, but all the ones I've found are too big around.

IF anyone's replaced their caps, where'd you get them from? It would save me a lot of searching time.

(can't edit typos in the thread title?)

Last edited:
i bought mine from Digikey. yeah they are a little bigger. but i was able to get then all in there. the trickiest spot is behind the processor. behind the row of 1500uf's is 4 2200uf's, i had to leave some of the leads long and come out to sides with them. i did a total of 3 KA7's (mine, dads, and my brothers).

if ya need any assistance in methods used let me know, because you dont wanna lift the traces or do any damage inside the multi-layer PCB. i found the desoldering iron from Radio-Shack to work at removing most of the solder, and then using desoldering braid to get the rest out of the holes after the capacitor was removed.

i also have pics of the capacitor arrangement.

Back