• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I can't drag and drop quick launch icons in xp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ge|atinousFury

The other day I was just browsin through the net and my computer froze.....upon restarting it, I found that every single quick launch icon that I had down by the start button had dissapeared. To my surprise, I couldn't drag and drop anymore icons from my desktop down to the quick launch area either!! And also there's that vertical line that appears beside your start button if the taskbar isn't locked.......I have my taskbar unlocked, and I can see the vertical line, but I can't move it over to make space for any icons I wish to put into the quick launch area. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?? I'm on WinXP Pro. Any help is appreciated!

You may want to give this a try...it's possible that the "Quick Launch" folder was deleted, and needs to recreated. Check to see if the "Quick Launch" folder resides at the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings | "Your account name" | Application Data | Microsoft | Internet Explorer

...if not, create a folder named "Quick Launch" under the above directory tree. Then under the "Directory" tab in "Taskbar and Start menu properties", make sure "Show Quick Launch" is checked under "Taskbar Appearance". ;)

Back