• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS the Swiftech MCX370-0A a decent sink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

I have a XP 1600 and which I plan to overclock , I have found this sink w fan for $39 Canadian which is about $27 US is it a good deal.

Will it be enough to cool the chip once I unlock and o/c. Any recommendations on a fan to add to it, it comes with one buut there is no descrition of what it is.

Cisco kid

Well since your Swiffy utilizes a 60mm fan, you'll be hard pressed to find any fan that'll push 50CFM+ except for the only fan I know of (Delta50). I would recommend the infamous Delta38 since no other fan comes to mind at the moment. If possible, try rigging the heatsink to use a 80mm fan. I'm not entirely sure if it can be done on the Swiftech but it's worth to check out.

You could also duct. Seems to work very well.

I noticed you're in the Vancouver area. Is the Swiffy you're looking at from NTCW (www.ntcw.com)? I think it comes with either a black label Delta or a Papst. I forget which.

Last edited:
I used to have that heatsink before I sold it. I would say it is an overall ok heatsink, but nowhere on the level of an Ax-7 or even a volcano7+ maybe.

As for some temps, in a chieftec case with only two fans, I had temps around 38c with acase temp of 26c.

Back