• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you pronounce NVIDIA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
El tres :p

That's the way Ive heard it pronounced on the news when there's financial stuff goin, anyways...

2 for sure. Never heard anyone pronounce it the first way.

Only used #2, but 1 sounds better. Actually I have seen numerous articles with it spelled Nevidia or NVIDIA or nEvidia. It' nVidia, people! :rolleyes:

lol, one person for #1 altho Penguin4x4 seems undecided. I personally switch all the time. Thats why I wanted to know how you guys pronounce it.

ok...

I really think this is a lame topic, but I was laughing so hard when I got through a couple of these that I had to post. The company pronounces it like #2. People who pronounce spagetti wrong say it like #1, because they don't understand English pronunciation well and that's fine for them. But just a quick little educational thought here: if a consanent (that's a letter other than a vowel, a, e, i, o, or u, sometimes y for you anal folks) is the first letter in a word, and is followed by yet another consanent that doesn't allow standard pronunciation, than it is either a) silent or b) pronounced. In other words (no pun intended), psychadelic the "p" is silent. I can't really think of any word that would fit in with nVidia's pronunciatoin, except for say x-ray, where the "x" is pronounced. Either way, NUH-VID-E-UH is wrong (if you follow English rules, which "ain't" always duh right ting ta do ya know) and the word would either be pronounced "IN-VID-E-UH" or (silent N) "VIDIA). I have to take the side of the Spanards and agree this is definately and evil plot to subconciously cause us to envy "IN-VID-E-UH" over "AH-TUH-EYE" or is it "attie"?

-Clarpet

Back