• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Speakers........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

Wheres the best place for this thread??
But....... now onto the speakers.....

I need a new set and for my b-day im getting one. Simple right? Well. I have $150-200 to spend and i want a 5 peice set with great bass and ok midrange- Im looking into Logitech z560- Altec Lansing- Klipsch (little much in the klipsch due to limited budget)
Any suggestions?
Spyder

I have the Klipsch.....but for the money, Logitech is a much better deal.

the Logitech have also won many awards (including MaximumPC's KickAss award) for their performance...they sound dynamite.

The logitech can't be beat for the price/perfromance. They sound just as good as the klisph but a lot cheaper. I only wish the z560 were digital.

I have the Logitech z560's also and they pump.
They are the most kick *** speakers for the money out there right now IMO.
I used to swear by Altec's but after I heard the z560's, I aint goin back.

I just now got done hooking my z560's up. Previously I had the Altec Lansing ACS54. All I can say is oh my god! These speakers are nuts compared to anything I've heard before(of course I've heard these and the Promedias in stores, but I can never hear them at a real volume, and the sub is always 5 ft in the air)

These speakers own the altecs like 1,000 times over.

I hope I don't have any of the fuse problems that they originally had.

I would suggest going to Staples, Best Buys, Comp USA etc. and check them out your self. The Comp USA by me has like 6 different set's of 5+1 on demo to try. Staples like 4 sets. They don't seem to care if you crank them up to really here them either :)

Got the logitech z560's....... i spent a good 1/2h at best buy payin with them....... and i could not tell the difference to justify the $250 extra.....

hduong said:
They sound just as good as the klisph but a lot cheaper.

I wouldn't go that far.....but they are pretty close.

Mr.DLucey said:
I would suggest going to Staples, Best Buys, Comp USA etc. and check them out your self. The Comp USA by me has like 6 different set's of 5+1 on demo to try. Staples like 4 sets. They don't seem to care if you crank them up to really here them either :)

I was VERY happy to realize they sound even better in my office. Imagine the size of the room the displays are in, vs the size of your room. My office is roughly 12x14 and these things can clearly be heard by by next door neighbors inside their house from mine. They weren't nearly that impressive on the floor of BestBuy.

I still recommend the Z560's for price however.

spyder bro... is this for MP3 music and movies? or do you want a gamming speaker set?
if you mostly listen to MP3, then 5.1 is the way to go...
gamming, then 4.1 definetly...
for the 4.1 i would get a Altec Lansing ultimate 641 system. comes with 1 woofer and 4 speakers. very nice system, i will get one myself. You can buy it from www.pricewatch.com for $140-180 depending on reseller. I would go to www.resellerrating.com before you choose your reseller.
or another great choice logitech z560 at PW for $130 and up depending on reseller.
the ultimate 641 has 2x6.5in long throw woofers, i didnt get spec sheets on the logitech, but it looks like one 8" woofer to me.

5.1 are kinda spendy for a very good set. I would check creative labs and cambridge for a set of 5.1 but if your into gamming then i would stick to the 4.1

Now that you have good speakers you will need a good SC to run it. I would go with a SBA (sound blaster audigy) or better sound card to support your awesome speakers. No sense in nice speakers if you have a POS SC.

AZN

Shadow ÒÓ said:
I was VERY happy to realize they sound even better in my office.

They weren't nearly that impressive on the floor of BestBuy.

yeah, they sound 100 times better once you put them in a reasonable sized room

Back