• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New System Is Done!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gas-man

YES! I got it all together finally! Here she is:

MSI K7D Master-L
2 x XP1600+ (modded to MP)
512mb PC2100
ATI Radeon 8500LE 128mb
Sound Blaster Audigy
500W PS
Thermaltake Xaser 5000A Plus Case
5 Case fans
2 x Maze 3 copper top blocks
384GPH pump
6"x9" heater core
1/2" ID tubing
40gb, 20gb, floppy, 40x12x48, 56x

This thing SCREAMS! I haven't even tested a game yet, but oh my god is it fast! I love it so much, SMP rules!!! Thanks for all the help over the last week(s), when I was without a system - getting ready for this bad boy!

As for my temps (I know you want to know) according to two probes with LCD screens:

CPU1: 35.9C
CPU2: 39.7C as I type this (haven't done load yet,,,not exactly sure how)
Ambient is about 23C, water - not sure

My story: Probes read above, so I load up MBM5, and they say my CPUS are 57 and 49!?! What's up with that? I also used a program that came with my mobo, and it said my CPU was 25, until I loaded MBM5, then the mobo prog said the cpu was 57 and 49....very strange. I don't trust software anymore :)

This machine is incredible....videos, audio...oh.oh...I know its not the best, but I love it. I know I'm blabbing, but I just love this machine!! Everything went smoothly, worked well (L5, WC) and I'm sooooo happy!

Thanks everyone again, and please comment on the temps, how are they? Software issue?

gm

Wow, thats a sweet system! Are you running the blocks in a series or parallel? Those Thermaltake Xase cases are awesome. We need some pics!!:D

Series. I thought parallel would lose too much flow.....

Yea, the case is AWESOME. It set be back a bit ($209 + tax Canadian) but I love it, and won't upgrade....ever! (always say that....)

Pics will come soon, tomorrow probably. I run the WC outside the system, punched two holes in the case to run hoses in and out.

Back