Good cases for water cooling

I am in the planning stages of building a new water cooled rig. I am trying to determine what would be a good case for the job. I haven't really locked into any specific equipment yet but I don't think I want to have to gut the inside of a small case to get it to fit and I want to run 120mm fans.

What are some of the more popular cases that you guys have had experience with? I wouldn't mind a sharp looking case but the main thing I am looking for is a case that I won't be frustrated with because of space/layout.

BANNED TROLL -Per Silversinksam TheGhengisKhan's Avatar
    an Antec full-server case would be a good, easy-use, case with plenty of room. Although if you want something more extreme (in size) you could go here: http://www.thechipmerchant.com/41507-0.html

i like this one http://www.directron.com/9804.html
    there is a 120mm fan mount in front but u will have to shorten the 3.5in rack to fit a rad, also it's cheep.
    Intel Q6600 L727A
    Asus Maximus Formula
    2X2gb Gskill DDRII-1000
    2X HIS ATI HD3870 in Crossfire (835,1206)
    WD 150Gb Raptor and Maxtor 250Gb DiamondMax10
    2X Samsung DVD-RW DL SATA
    Silverstone OP850
    Thermalright Ultra 120 Xtreme (lapped)
    thats it, and proud of it.
    My Heatware

I'd recommend a full tower too. I have a mid-sized Coolermaster and I have to build an additional box to house all the parts... fun but not the most efficient way of housing a pc.

Anyway, I like the Addtronics server case with its 120mm front intake. Ideal place for a rad... and not too many cases come with such big intakes.

Here:

http://www.addtronics.com/7896A.htm

or:

http://www.addtronics.com/6896a.htm
    Desktop:
    Intel C2D E6700 @ 2.67Ghz / TR AXP-140 | Asus P5W DH Dlx | Corsair TwinX 4Gb PC6400 CL4
    Nvidia 8800 GTS 640Mb / TR HR-03 | Creative X-Fi
    2x WD Raptor 150Gb | Plextor PX-760SA
    Lian Li V2000 Plus | Corsair HX620
    Dell 2407WFP | Logitech Z-5500

Laptop: Sony VAIO Z11
    Intel i5-520M | 4Gb | Nvidia GT330M | 2x64Gb RAID-0 SSD | 13" 1600x900 panel

any one suggest a mid tower sized case thats not too big/heavy? Im taking it to uni and am going to upgrade to watercooling soon.

i want a plain but good case to mod thats not too expensive but am willing to spend if its a good case. im not a fan of those cheap plastic buttons and bays that are supposed to make it look good, theyre just cheap and nasty. 3, preferably 4 or more 5" bays would be nice too.

also are alu cases lighter than steel ones? i quite like the look of those lian li cases

Thanx for all the replies guys. I will definatly check those cases out.

Seal I have an an aluminum case right now (Lian-Li PC65B) and I almost laughed myself silly when I picked it up before adding all my gear to it. There is an amazing weight difference in a nice all aluminum case.

1 negative to the reduced weight though is that I notice that the case body does not deaden vibration as much as a steel case does.

You can get a Chieftec Server case from Newegg(same as the Antec cases but don't have Antec PSU). Just make sure you get the aluminum version because the steel is very heavy.

Chieftecs/Antecs are the best for watercooling - you can put the heatercore in the front and the pump behind the HD cage.

Anyone every use a Lian-Li PC-76? It appears to be very roomy. If you removed the hard drive cages I would imagine you would have all the spaces you need. They provide 4 80mm fans to provide the hard drives so that gives a pretty good idea of the amount of room. Of course if I wanted to use 1 120mm fan I would probably have to mod the case a little to attach it.