• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good cases for water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deathknight

I am in the planning stages of building a new water cooled rig. I am trying to determine what would be a good case for the job. I haven't really locked into any specific equipment yet but I don't think I want to have to gut the inside of a small case to get it to fit and I want to run 120mm fans.

What are some of the more popular cases that you guys have had experience with? I wouldn't mind a sharp looking case but the main thing I am looking for is a case that I won't be frustrated with because of space/layout.

any one suggest a mid tower sized case thats not too big/heavy? Im taking it to uni and am going to upgrade to watercooling soon.

i want a plain but good case to mod thats not too expensive but am willing to spend if its a good case. im not a fan of those cheap plastic buttons and bays that are supposed to make it look good, theyre just cheap and nasty. 3, preferably 4 or more 5" bays would be nice too.

also are alu cases lighter than steel ones? i quite like the look of those lian li cases

Thanx for all the replies guys. I will definatly check those cases out.

Seal I have an an aluminum case right now (Lian-Li PC65B) and I almost laughed myself silly when I picked it up before adding all my gear to it. There is an amazing weight difference in a nice all aluminum case.

1 negative to the reduced weight though is that I notice that the case body does not deaden vibration as much as a steel case does.

You can get a Chieftec Server case from Newegg(same as the Antec cases but don't have Antec PSU). Just make sure you get the aluminum version because the steel is very heavy.:eek:

Chieftecs/Antecs are the best for watercooling - you can put the heatercore in the front and the pump behind the HD cage.

Anyone every use a Lian-Li PC-76? It appears to be very roomy. If you removed the hard drive cages I would imagine you would have all the spaces you need. They provide 4 80mm fans to provide the hard drives so that gives a pretty good idea of the amount of room. Of course if I wanted to use 1 120mm fan I would probably have to mod the case a little to attach it.

Back