• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any way to run celerons in SMP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
none1 said:

Umm.... but didn't in that same post you say that one of your 466 was dead any ways? So you DID try two working medcinos? That's way odd .... as there really isn't an easy way to tell the difference between the normal pentium and the celeron in that line.

I Have a couple 694x and 815 boards inclucing the acorp.
I tried my PPGA celerons from my BP6 setup in it just to be sure and it would not recognize both procs.

To use the PPGA celerons you need a slot 1 dual board modified and use slockets or a BP6. No other options at this point.

Most P3 coppermines will work on the Acorp board. The Tualatin
won't. The 512 T chips will work on a board that supports them.

A couple of 100 dollar P3s is the best bet for the acorp. Just make sure they are coppermines.

The 1.3 Durons do a lot more work than the P3s for only $38 each. You can normally get a Tyan 2460 for about a $100 used, refurb, or ebay. It is a lot more power for less money.
The ddr alone is a dramatic performance improvement.

If you wan't to do 533 PPGA Celerons then look on ebay. BP6 $50-$100. You can usually get the procs for about $30-40.
It may take some work to get the board to smooth out.
A bios flash and don't use the on board highpoint. Just the standard controller.

Last edited:
none1 said:

Umm.... but didn't in that same post you say that one of your 466 was dead any ways? So you DID try two working medcinos? That's way odd .... as there really isn't an easy way to tell the difference between the normal pentium and the celeron in that line.
They were 366 celerons that one of them was dead.

Back