• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

adding a remote

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Razorclaw212

I was just looking to see what knid of info you guys had on adding an infered sensor for a remote to use with say the new quintesential player.

thanks in advance

If your asking for a PC Remote control theres always the JustCooler_RC168

Review from Dans Data

I got one on Ebay a year ago for $19.95 and its a great gadget, but then again my PC is not turned off often ;)

JustCooler_RC168_profilelarge.jpg

PS I imagine the only way to buy one would be to contact Justcooler Here

Nope. Just on and off.

If you need a real remote I'd suggest the X-10 Mouse Remote. The included program is good, but theres a freeware program available that will give the remote even more funtionality (macros, support for more programs, redifinable keys, etc). I dont remember the name, but it was made mainly for the MouseRemote, so a simple search on google sould let you find it. Be aware though that the reciever uses a serial port.

Also, if you prefer to build stuff yourself, there are diy receiver plans (again, serial port only) so you can use whatever universal remote you want with your computer.

Mpegger said:
Nope. Just on and off.

On/OFF and reset ;)

This gadget is cool as it keeps your Spouse, Kids, co-worker from powering up your box. If your case has a lock there is no way to manipulate this being turned on without the remote.

well if you dont need more than 15 feet or so, i suggest for about 50 bucks (thats what i paid), that you get a wireless mouse and keyboard combo, by logitech. I use this think as a remote, although its a big keyboard, it comes with a mute button, advance and go back track buttons, pause play stop, as well as a volume dial, and a button that opens your default media player (ie. windows media.). i can easily use it to change songs from my bed which is a good 10 feet away.

Back