• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling with AquaStealth II kits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slaveboy

Registered
Hi all,

Is there anybody currently using the aquasteath II kits. I would like to know what you think about it.
Going pick one up, but want to make sure it isn't a piece of crap. And is everything you need included in
the kit. This will be my first time at watercooling so i want to do it right. thanks

Later

1.2ghz @266mhz
256mb ddr memory
assus a7m266
19in Htachi cm772
plextor 12*10*32
32mb tnt2 soon to be geforce 3
40g WD HD
wintv tvtuner card
3com cable modem
sound blaster live
coolermaster dp5 -6h51 HSF

thinking about selling computer to Nasa to replace current rocket engines for the space shuttles. They both sound about the same. Loud as hell. LOL

I have one and I love it. It's a great kit for the first time watercooler. It has everything you need except screws and little things like that but I just used zip ties to mount the fan to the radiator and the radiator/fan just sits in the lower front of my case, I'm getting pretty good results with it. There are better kits out there but for the money this is a great starter kit and you can upgrade components later if you want. Heres a pic when I first got it installed into my system. Sorry about the quality of the pic.

hey TT120, if i go and get this kit plus adding another water block for my another cpu(dual P3). will this pump work well?? i planning to do like put a T-socket on the output of the pump and split to 2 cpu. then the output of the water block was join by another T-socket and link to the radiator. is this method okey for dual P3 mobo??

It should work ok, it's not the highest gph pump out there, I tried asking Ian over at 2cooltek where I bought it how big it was but he didnt respond. I think it will work ok though. You will probably want to upgrade later on though when you get a little more comfortable with watercooling.

hey thanks tt120,

one more question, i see you are using a peltier, What wattage are ya using.I wasn't planning on using one, cause i didn't want to worry about condensation.Have you had any problems like that, thanks for the help

later

1.2ghz @266mhz
256mb ddr memory
assus a7m266
19in Htachi cm772
plextor 12*10*32
32mb tnt2 soon to be geforce 3
40g WD HD
wintv tvtuner card
3com cable modem
sound blaster live
coolermaster dp5 -6h51 HSF

Yeah, I have an 85 watt pelt in there. It works ok and my temps are not below the dew point so condensation is not a problem. I only got a small pelt for that reason. I was just looking to get started with a pelt system and didnt know enought about the whole deal to dive right into a huge pelt. I figured out that my CPU was only gonna generate around 70 to 85 watts of heat so I went with the 85 watt pelt in the hopes of just keeping it at or a little below ambient temps. It worked out perfect, although ridding my case of all that heat has been a bit of a problem that I'm still working on. When I get my full tower case, I'm going to have the radiator (probably upgrade to the 'Cube' from Danger Den) at the rear and the fan sucking air through it and out of the case.

I was looking at getting a kit too. My concern was whether or not the pump would be powerfull enough. I planned on doing the radiator upgrade to the cube style and I heard that you need pretty powerfull pumps when using the cubes.

In september i plan to watercool one of my rigs. I'll most likely get the aqua stealth 2 only i'll get the dual rad and a more powerful pump. Im silly like that. I know its un necessary but for a few extra bucks why not. the aquastealth 2 kit looks like a quality system and looks fairly simple (thank god). TT120 once september nears you'll be hearing an awful lot from me.

btw-What do you plan to do with the parts once you upgrade? If you plan on selling the rad PM me as i might as well start as early as possible. If not i guess i'll have to shell out full price.

-OF

Gonna put em in my 2nd system. Once I get my 1.33 in the mail, I'm gonna start building this 1.2 into another system and put the aquastealth in it.

So is the pump that comes with the Aqualstealth II good enough to power the radiator cube that you can upgrade too? The cube they have looks identical to the DD cube.

I dunno, I'm looking into that. I hear those cubes have alot of resistance and you need a fair sized pump to move the water through them. I dont know how much the Aquastealth 2 pump puts out but it doesnt seem to be that much. I dont know how to measure GPH. I guess I could get a 1 gallon milk jug and see how long it takes to fill it up then do the math.

Hey TT 120......I just hooked up my Aquastealth II kit.....but Im using two radiators. But, Im getting this awful 'growling' sound coming from the pump....Do you know what this could be ???

When I disconnect the output tube and fitting from the top of the pump and just let the water spill over into the resevoir, the 'growling' sound goes away and its perfectly quiet !! So I think there is too much 'back pressure' on the pump....which is causing the little magnetic impellor thingy inside to 'growl'. Could my Rio 400 be too small to pump water thru both radiators ??? The Rio 400 is only 40gph more than the standard Rio 180....thats why I bought the larger pump.....but I think maybe its still not enough.

What do you think ???

im thinking of orderting the aquastealth II kit w/ aquacoil rad ..
i spoke to the guy and he said tha the pump that comes with the kit is enough to push thru the aqua coil rad .. i dont know though

i wanna make my own watercooling kit and just use a closed system .. but im unsure on how to ..

that is why im considering just buying a kit

TT120, if the temp are not below dew point, is it mean we don't even need to bother about the condensation stuff like putting all those silicone around the slocket?? what temp are u at right now after using pel?? :)

TT120, if the temp are not below dew point, is it mean we don't even need to bother about the condensation stuff like putting all those silicone around the slocket?? what temp are u at right now after using pel?? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
TT120, if the temp are not below dew point, is it mean we don't even need to bother about the condensation stuff like putting all those silicone around the slocket?? what temp are u at right now after using pel??

Last edited by a moderator:
TT120, if the temp are not below dew point, is it mean we don't even need to bother about the condensation stuff like putting all those silicone around the slocket?? what temp are u at right now after using pel???

Well I guess that if Aquastealth uses that pump even with the cube radiator then it can't be that bad, right? Would they acually sell people the cube radiators and then give them pumps that barely work for the job?

Klark (Apr 23, 2001 12:29 a.m.):
Hey TT 120......I just hooked up my Aquastealth II kit.....but Im using two radiators. But, Im getting this awful 'growling' sound coming from the pump....Do you know what this could be ???

When I disconnect the output tube and fitting from the top of the pump and just let the water spill over into the resevoir, the 'growling' sound goes away and its perfectly quiet !! So I think there is too much 'back pressure' on the pump....which is causing the little magnetic impellor thingy inside to 'growl'. Could my Rio 400 be too small to pump water thru both radiators ??? The Rio 400 is only 40gph more than the standard Rio 180....thats why I bought the larger pump.....but I think maybe its still not enough.

What do you think ???
Hmmm, sounds like there may be too much back pressure. How much water flow do you get after the 2 radiators are hooked into the system. What kind of radiators are they?

lightning (Apr 23, 2001 02:02 a.m.):
Thats right, if your temps are above the dew point, then condensation will not form. With this big hot bird in there and my little 85 watt pelt, my temps run about 1 to 3 degrees above ambient temp. If my case temp is 30 then my cpu will be about 32 or so.

Back