• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

damn temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

L0HpT

Registered
ok here is the deal ..
i have a Lian Li PC70 case .. with just the stock fans in it .. which are 2 80mm front .. and 2 80mm rear
i have a 1.33tbird not overclocked on a kt7a raid motherboard ... cooling the tbird i have an alpha pep66 w/delta fan ... my idle temps are 45 C full load about 49C - 51 C .. i have artic silver II on the chip ..
im abotu to purchase a aquastealth 2 kit with aqua coil rad .. so i know that will cool my chip .. but what about my case temps .. they are around 33 C when they should be done in the 20's C somewhere

can anyone help me

With room temps that low your case temp should be lower than it is. It's gotta be an airflow problem. Make sure the air is flowing one way (usually from the front to the back) and also make sure there are no cables or anything blocking the airflow. Rounded cables is one thing you can do.

any idea on how to increase air flow in this case without cutting holes ..
im gonna order some rounded cables for my all my drives and also my floppy and stuff ..
im ordering my aquastealth 2 kit soon

i would like to get more fans .. cuz even if i watercool my chip .. it will still run hot if my case temp is hot
i would like to lower my temps to about 20-27 C case temp .. right now its at 31 C

the stock lian li cases come with 2 80mm in the lower front intakes and 2 80mm in the rear exhaust
and i have an enermax 431 watt so that helps exhaust heat .... anything else you can think of ?

Look for some 80mm fans that move more air than the ones you are using. Can you see the model numbers on the fans you got?

yes .. they ADDA fans .. i heard they flow alot .. i mean yeah i could get 4 80mm deltas hehehehe
that should be enough airflow right ?? hahahhaha j/k =)
way too much noise ... im was thinking panaflows .. but they flow as much as the ADDA's do

Hmmmm, couldnt find that model on ADDA's site they got some close ones and the highest cfm one in the 80 x 25 mm 12 volt range is 50 cfm but it's at 40.6 dba. Thats quite loud. I'm assuming these fans are not that loud so the next 2 steps are 38.6 cfm at 34 dba and 31.4 cfm at 28.3 dba. I guess what I'm gettin at is it sounds like you need better air flow through your case and without cutting anymore holes in your case the solution is more cfm's

I believe the PC70 is a full tower. Your Enermax has its fans controlled by a thermostat. You need to get the heat out of the case from the CPU, expansion cards and the voltage regulators on the KT7 board. I can’t remember if the PC70 has a fan above the PSU. If it does, unplug it so the airflow goes over your board and out under you PSU. Alternatively, you can add a fan under you PSU or at the extreme, modify your PSU so the fans blow full speed all the time.

Colin .. hmmm wut do u mean
the pc70 is the server case full tower .. it comes with 2 fans in the lower front and 2 fans right by the cpu
then there is space above the psu for 2 more fans but there arent any ..

wut good 80 mm fans are there that arent loud but push out alot of cfm

i know i could get 4 80mm deltas heheheh

my chip will be watercooled soon ..
but the watercooling wont do much if my case temp is high

I read somewhere that you can control the speed of the two front 80's. Take off the front panel and see what speed they are running at. I think that there should be 3 buttons or something. Hope this helps.

I read somewhere that you can control the speed of the two front 80's. Take off the front panel and see what speed they are running at. I think that there should be 3 buttons or something. Hope this helps.

what do you guys think of panaflow 80mm fans ..
it says it flows 47CFM @ 34DBA's

Back