• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the brightest cold cathode?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I believe the aulity of the inverter determines the brightness, as well as the lenght of the wires from the inverter to the cold cathodes.

I bought a dual cold cathode kit made by sunbeam, and it is almost too bright! I wasn't happy with the length of the wire, so I extended it and the cathodes dimmed noticeably. Also, it seems worth mentioning that every cold cathode kit I have seen so far markets itself as the brightest, when in actuality, there are onlya handful of companies that actually manufacture the tubes (sunbeam always gets great reviews). so when you buya kit from someplace, you may be buying sunbeam cathodes and a cheap inverter, and may not get the best performance, even though the cathodes are very good. so far, all the reviews about the sunbeam kits I've read have been very good, thats why i bought them. check them out at www.kdcomputers.com

Back