• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vapor Chambers, next generation of heat sinks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is excellent reading. If you get bogged down on the depth of the science, skip that part and read the whole thing. Then, think about it and read it again. I am experimenting, right now, with the ThermoEngine HSF, which, as most reader know, has a hollow cavity inside of approximately 2-3cc. I will try some tests with it, but I am limited by the fact that it is on-loan and I would not want to modify it, permanently, any more than I already have. Watch for my article soon.

Hoot

Did you get the black or silver ThermoEngine Hoot? From reading the [H]ard OCP article about it, the color actually makes a little bit of difference(~1C). Also the fundamental difference between these two heatsinks is the amount of "secret stuff" in the chamber, im guessing that since the the ThermaCores' chamber fills the entirety of the base that it would be more efficient at conducting the heat from the slug. Im going to see if i can get a sample one to play with, ill let you know the outcome.

It's a dark gray one. Keep in mind that the cavity is only on the order of 2cc volume. Not much to work with. The secret ingredient is a vacuum.

Hoot

Back