• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dtx01

Registered
I am thinking of getting the Epox 8K5A2+ but I hear the nForce is coming out early october. Is the new nForcce worth the wait, is it going to be that good? I am looking to overclock my system, is the nForce worth it, or is the 8K5A2+ just fine, or is there a better mobo out at the moment. I am not on a really tight budget, so what is the best motherboard out or soon to be coming out?

the original nforce had lots of hype and it turned out to be not so great.

if you want a computer now, buy what's out now. When the nforce2 gets here, there's just going to be another chipset coming out a month or two after it and you'll question waiting on it too.

ive heard good things about the nForce2 but like TimDgsr said buy whats out now if your looking to do it now

Im running an Epox 8k3a+ wich is more or less essencially the same mother board as the one your looking at, im happy with it,it overclocks well and its pretty user friendly.

The nForce2 is "supposed" to be really good. It has Dual-channel DDR which means if you put two sticks of DDR 400 and run the fsb at 200 (without affecting your PCI/AGP devices due to the lock on their respective buses) you will get a theoretical bandwidth of 6.4GB/s.

I am waiting for the nForce2, just to see at least how good it is and if it's worth getting. But TimDgsr is right and there will always be a better/newer chipset out every few months. You have to find out when you must draw the line to wait or to just upgrade, otherwise you will always be waiting and never buy anything.

Back