• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What companies make good KMV switches?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petreza

What companies make good KMV switches?

Also, any model recomendations?

I will need it to be able to connect one k.m.v. to at least 4 computers. Additional features such as audio switching (4 computers 1 set of speakers) would be nice too.

Thank you!

There are some pretty good ones around, for a price. I feel that belkin makes some decent little models for 2 to 4 systems. You can get some really cheap manual ones (no audio), but they many times have ghosting in the video. I've used several Linksys with no real issues as well.

Now what I need is a 16port unit that does not cost as much as a small car! :)

I just got an IOgear one that is quite nice. Does not do audio, but does have hotkeys and can cascade. It was $120 for a 4 port and came with the cables.

I suspect this will be moved to General hardware.

Ridenow said:
I just got an IOgear one that is quite nice. Does not do audio, but does have hotkeys and can cascade. It was $120 for a 4 port and came with the cables.

I suspect this will be moved to General hardware.

Suspicious type, eh? ;)

I have yet to find the perfect KVM switch, but they are very nice to have nonetheless.

I had a Linksys 2-port that caused very bad screen jitter whenever it wasn't in the best of moods. Linksys tech support wasn't very helpful in resolving this problem. Most people seem to have had a much better experience the Linksys KVMs than mine though.

I currently have a Tripp Lite 4-port than is very nice except for the mildly annoying fact that you can't switch away from a crashed machine.

Back