• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good price for a prebuilt??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krott5333

Im just seeing if this is a good price for a prebuilt computer...

Dual 800 Mhz Pentiums
256 DDR
60 Gb Ultra ATA
DVD/CDRW Combo Drive
NVidia Geforce MX 32mb
56k modem
Windows XP Home

Keyboard and Mouse,

No Monitor

For $1700 ?? Is that a good price??

i don't know much about pentium systems but i checked prices from newegg and came up with $660 (without the motherboard, i couldn't find a duel P3 mobo) and that was with samsung ram, western digital HDD, plextor DVD CD-RW combo drive and a leadtek GF2MX400.

either i'm missing something or a duel P3 mobo costs $1,000

or maybe i'm an idiot when it comes to Intel lol

Depends: selling or buying? :)

I'd say that is ballpark but maybe a bit on the high side for most of what I've seen around.

No way I would buy a dual 800 system at that price though.....unless it has 2gigs of rdram, or an Oxygen cad video card;)

Im personally not at all impressed with the spec !!!
its also worth remembering that the software has to also support SMP to make the most out of the processors.
Dual is not for all :D and for that money you could get a real fast single processor system unless you specifically need SMP for somthing like CAD and then I would want a lot more RAM.

Well, thats not a real system, just take that dual 800's, and make them dual 867 G4's, and make that XP Mac OS X.

Just trying to show how much Mac's suck.

That is a HORRID price dude..... im selling a Dual pIII 1gig with scsi harddrives~ 1gig ram- GF2 and tape backup and such for $1000 (yes its worth it- but ony if u saw the whole list~ and NO im not selling it here~)

Back