• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with K7S5A Flash.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoonWolf

Fold For 32!
Im having a problem flashing my K7S5A. I ran the flash proggy in DOS (using a Windows ME Startup Diskette on "Minimal Boot") off of my HDD. I used the path as follows:
C:\flash\aminf329 CHB0809L.rom It seems to start flashing and then it tells me "Error 2 => File Does Not Exist"

Simply put : WTF?

does the computer still work?

and ... why do you need to flash the bios...

with bios's .. the rule is... if it ain't broke.. don't fix it

Yeah, Yeah... It works fine. I'm using it right now... It simply does not want to flash... This error comes before the "Flash BIOS? [Y/N]" so it did not corrupt anything...

I'm flashing the BIOS because I intend to overclock (Just got my AX-7 and Vantec Tornado) You cannot overclock on the K7S5A unless you flash with a ROM that gives you higher FSB settings than 133/133.

-Wesley

Here is my best advice to you: get a boot disk from bootdisk.com. A simple DRDOS one will do. Make the boot disk. Then copy the flash utility and the rom to the boot disk.

Then, boot from floppy. Flash from there being very careful to get the spelling exactly right.

This procedure has worked for me 100% of the time.

If you forget to write the BIOS file name down, aren't sure what it is etc., type dir at the DOS prompt to check out the names of all of the files on the disk.

or just get cpufsb. you dont need to flash the bios to use it. its far less dangerous.i have cheepo's bios on mine and it adds no overclocking options that you cant do in software with cpufsb

Back