• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with mobo for 166 MHz FSB T-bred

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skatman

Registered
Hey peeps.
I'm looking to get a late model Athlon and run it with 166 MHz FSB and memory bus (DDR 333).
As far as I understand KT333 and KT400 will run the memory bus at 166 MHz out of the box once you stick DDR333 in there.
However, no current Athlon officially supports 166MHz FSB and that is why VIA doesn't officially support 166MHz FSB as well.
Now, from the Athlon side, I can easily unlock that puppy and set the multiplier to whatever I want such that I don't have to OC the chip itself... just the FSB.
However, I need some advice in terms of chipset/ motherboard to get in order to get the FSB working reliably from the chipset side of the equation (motherboard with the right FSB/PCI/AGP divider... etc). Can anybody recommend a good board that is known to work well at 166 FSB?
Thanks.

Back