• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Refresh rate problems (not 60hz game fix)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

plague

I have a Viewsonic A90 on a Gainward GF4 4400. I can't seem to get any refresh rate to work other than 60hz. This is just in windows, like i said - it isnt the game problem.

I went to viewsonics website, and it says that it can display 1280x1024 @ 80 Hz, but 80 isn't even an option in the display properties. ........... Ok I just looked at the "list all modes button" in the adapter tab and it lists 60,70,72, and 75 at this res. But if I even set it to 70, my whole screen shakes.

I thought this be a problem with overclocking my vid card, but it's at stock right now. I'd like to have a little better refresh, anyone have any problems like this?

Check the manufacturer's site for known issues. A number of times they suggested a fix or provided me with a monitor driver that fixed the problem.

plague said:
I have a Viewsonic A90 on a Gainward GF4 4400. I can't seem to get any refresh rate to work other than 60hz. This is just in windows, like i said - it isnt the game problem.

I went to viewsonics website, and it says that it can display 1280x1024 @ 80 Hz, but 80 isn't even an option in the display properties. ........... Ok I just looked at the "list all modes button" in the adapter tab and it lists 60,70,72, and 75 at this res. But if I even set it to 70, my whole screen shakes.

I thought this be a problem with overclocking my vid card, but it's at stock right now. I'd like to have a little better refresh, anyone have any problems like this?
Ussually when you let you OS use the default drivers this is when you have this problem ..Did you install the ViewSonic drivers?

Re: Re: Refresh rate problems (not 60hz game fix)

rUfUnKy said:
Ussually when you let you OS use the default drivers this is when you have this problem ..Did you install the ViewSonic drivers?
Yup, a couple times.

I'll check around their site again to see if I can find anything.

Yea, this can be a problem. If somethign is not right you get
stuck at the default 60 Hz. The video drivers have to be installed
and the right model of Monitor must be selected. A close model
sometimes works, but should be the exact model if possible.

It's the right model. My display settings say "ViewSonic A90 on NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4400." I've reinstalled the drivers a few times now to no avail.

Back