• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally getting somewhere with tygon.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

John_R

Registered
Ok, Let me get an opinion from everyone.

The innovatek kit has compression fittings. You slip the nut over the tube, put the tube over barb, then screw on nut. Its really simple and secure. Now, I need better tubing cause mine collapses way too easy and is causing me problems. The tubing is in metric, 8mm ID /10mm OD. Now as close as I can get with tygon is 5/16"ID (7.93mm ID)/ 7/16" OD (11.11mm OD) So the wall of the tubing is 1.5mm (est.) thicker then what I have. Will I have problems with the compression fittings?

The sooner I get some opinions the better. My computer is running hotter then I'd like.

Thanks a lot,
John

Clearflex

I haven't heard of Clearflex. How is it compared to Tygon? I hear so much good stuff about tygon. Hows it price compared?

Thanks

Sizing. And where to buy?

Where do I buy clearflex, I'm shopping around and am only finding it in 100FT Lengths. Also. The metric sizing for it comes (close as I can get) in 8mm ID/12mm OD. I think 4mm will be to hard to tighten my fittings down. Then they have 7mm ID/10mm OD. But I think I'd rather have a little extra volume. Not to mention I think that the 5/16" ID/ 7/16" OD Would be a closer fit to what I've got now. Think I'll have a hard time tightning down the fittings without causing conflicts? (like tearing or ****)

Clearflex dealers

I checked every single dealer on ClearFlex. Found a lot of websites, I do NOT want to call these places (all hundred of em or so) and ask if they can sell me 15 ft. of this ****. Where have you all got your clear flex from so I can just call them. This is almost urgent. I am about to overnight some "almost" the right size tygon if I can't get some of this stuff...

What formula tygon works the best for clarity, and non-reactive to chems?

tygon 3603 is good stuff, along with the clearflex, whats the problem with calling the local places?

I have a pretty fair length of tygon tubing from what I got at a surplus store here It is labled TYGON S-50-HL CLASS VI 1/4x3/32 and I have roughly 15 ft

Back