• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cable Issues....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

willlangford

Hey,
I am really bad at keeping all my cables neat inside the case. does anyone have any good tips or ideas that you can show me?

i have a ton of stuff in my case...i think full tower is calling my name.

Thanks,

~Will

First of all ide cables are almost always the biggest problem. If you have the cash then I hightly suggest going for the rounded cables. If not then do a little folding on them. You can fold them and the crease that is caused will not harm the data transfer in any way. Second if you only have one device on an ide channel than you can use the middle connector and still set the device to master. This makes it easier to hide the remainder of the cable. Next, CABLE TIES OR ZIP TIES. I use colored zip ties in my case to tie up any wires that are hanging loose in the case. A great spot to secure wires is on the frame of the case, and if done right will allow you to hide the wire at the same time. Finally, wire loom. For those power connectors that the wires always go in about 4 different directions this keeps it all bundled up nicely. a combination of all of these things will help to keep your wire jungle trimmed dowm a lot. Dont get into a hurry. It took me a little over a month to get everything the way I wanted it. About ten minutes a evening. GOOD LUCK!!!!!:beer:

Back