• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

16:9 display output PC games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ColdMiser

Please post the titles of recent/current PC games that have the option of outputting their video in 16:9 ratio.

You can do it in most games, you just have to look around in the config file. I know there's an option in Quake 3, so anything using that engine should have it in the graphics config(ie: I've seen RTCW run on a plasma display, which is what you're probably shooting for. Just browse through your game files with notepad or wordpad(though don't set it to always open with either).

To get the number of pixels, whip out a calculator and multiply the standard height (ie: 1024x768 or 1600x1200) by 9/16.

Not sure, I'm positive you can do it when the screen is the right size, but I doubt it's possible to do bars above and below to get a ratio :p

Oh and is it fabulous.. The only way to watch movies. I had no idea you could play it in games. That is sweet.

Back