• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Built my first computer, what do you think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stumpjumper5200

Well, I'll have to work on getting a pic of it.......no digital camera and no desire to toy with my pain in the @$$ scanner.

But here's the details:

P4 2.8Ghz
ASUS P4S533 (Had to return my VIA P4B400.....killed the BIOS and ATI is having trouble with that AGP 8X........maybe replace it down the road with a RAID/AGP 8X board when ATI straighens stuff out)
ATI Radeon 9700 PRO
512Mb PC3200
Maxtor 40Gig 7200rpm ATA133 QuietDrive
Plextor 40x12x40x CD-RW
LiteOn 16x DVD (Clean drive = no headphone jack or volume knob)
Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer
Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 (Soooooo sweeeeet)

Case:
Xoxide Modifications
Lian-Li PC-61 (Black Aluminum)
Big window on the side
4 - 80mm Intakes
1 - 80mm Exhaust
1 - 120mm Sunon exhaust blowhole (Think VACCUUM CLEANER)

Whew......

Anyway........it's sweet, looks cool, and there's enough air circulation in there to qualify for a type 3 hurricane.

I don't know about OCing it......I have a tendency to mess stuff up.......but what do you guys think this system could hit?

Well, I don't know much about the mobo but you've got a Northy and great RAM so I'd say at least a 200MHz OC. I'm an AMD guy but your rig is enviable. The next step is to watercool it ;)

~THT

Good air cooling should get you to 3.1-ish. Depending on your specific chip (read: luck) and the cooling you go with of course.

I wish you good luck though. If you want to get the max performance, start reading about cooling and when you start upping the fsb, be sure your ram divider is set where it should be. You sure have good case cooling already.

What type of ram exactly?

Tad

Thanks guys.....yeah it was kinda expensive.....
The whole setup I listed before plus my 19" Viewsonic is around $2250 to $2500 USD.

About the RAM, here's what was listed on newegg.com:

KingMax DDR memory 256MB PC3200 MPXB62D-KX OEM
Specifications:
Performance range - 200MHz ( DDR400, CL2.5 )
Double-data-rate architecture; two data transfers per clock cycle
Auto & self refresh capability (4096 Cycles / 64ms)
Single 2.5V ±0.2V power supply Programmable Read latency 2, 2.5 (clock)
Programmable Burst length (2, 4, 8) Model#: MPXB62D-68KX3

I'm far from a newbie, but I still need to get familiar with all those numbers for the RAM timing or whatever it is..

man, you must be freaking rich =)

btw, Newegg rocks! I had a lot of trouble with dealers other than them so now I hardly buy from anyone but newegg.

Back