• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.06 on 10-1?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
i know there isnt anything being said yet.but im thinking intel will release the 3.06 on 10-1 when amd paper launches 2700-2800.
any thoughts folks?

im thinking intel will hit amd hard this time.mabey even better than a 3.06,mabey a 3.2gh launch at same time?anyhow im hoping the 3.06 happens same time .and the 2.66c1 will drop to $260.and mabeythen i can make a decision on what ill buy.amd or intel,who knows? ill post my decision.the spending starts 10-3.and ends when the wallet screams!

its a great time to be in the chip buying market!deals,deals,deals and amd isnt delivering anything but paper.

well i think you might save $80 or so.the 2.66 should be the real price drop.but ya might snag a nice 3.06 and itll be the 2.8 price now.

i just cant justify buying a $500 chip yet.$300 i can deal with tho.

I think it's possible, but unlikely. Intel doesn't do paper releases (at least no where near the amount of them that AMD is doing these days). Since the 3.06 will have HT, they want make sure it is validated with all motherboards that use the supported chipsets. They also need to build up enough stock on hand to meet demand.

My educated guess is that the official release will come closer to the end of October, but that's still just a guess.

Well Intel launches its new chipsets on Oct 7, AMD launches (paper prolly) the 2700+ and 2800+ on Oct 1. I agree that it will prolly be the end of Oct for the 3s.

Intel probably won't have the 3.06's out until the end of november/early december. However, Intel is planning another round of price cuts at the end of October that may be centered on the lower end of Intel's line.

As for AMD, thier paper launching couldn't be happening at a worse time. I'm worried.

I honeslty don't think Intel will release it @ that date, more likely Nov. or pro'lly on the next price drop (22nd of Oct) .. this is MO tho' :).. Needles to say, AMD can't confirm banana...

so, should i order my 2.8 for $488. shipped???

im scared, i got burnt buying a 2 gig willo when they first came out, paid $531 w/tax:( trying to be the big dogg, and that chip sucked. i can deal with paying the money for the chip, cause i sold my 2.4b for $180, and i sold one of my 1.8a's for $140, $135 with paypal, so i got $315 for the cpu fund. its little money outta pocket but, i will be ****ed if the price drops next week. it had been dropping alot everyday from goolgegear since i started looking at it, was $499 +$2 shipping when i started, and now its $488 shipped.;)

Last edited:
The prices are dropping at the end of October, regardless of if the 3.06 comes out or not. Can you wait 25 days or not is the real question.

They should be out, even Ars thinks that the P4s will be out by the end of Oct, read their article on their front page about AMD, it mentions the P4-3.06.

he just sold his viper and got rid of the insurance policy!wooooo life outside,whats that like?

anyhow jd hold off till friday about 3pm.
1.too see if intel will battle back with a 3.06 launch.the 2.8 will drop 75 bucks.u gonna have a 1 or 2month wait to get a 2.8 any cheaper.

look at the 2.66 its now at $400 soon as the 3.06 is announced BAM! $260 is the price.top 2 processers are highly priced the 3rd in the line is the money saver.

id suggest going ahead and getting it. the 2.8 wont drop much until a 3.2 ghz chip is realesed and i think intel is paper launching this time also so that will stretch it out even longer!

go nutz man and have fun!

Back