• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie Water cooler...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mentes

Registered
Well Im working on my Dual Amd Athlon 1900 or 2000 MPs (I havent ordered the procs yet). I have an Epox M762A and a 525 Power supply..... Well anyways... I decided fans arent going to cut it and Id like to mega cool this sucker. Well Ive never set up a water cooling system before and Ive read TONS and TONS of articles on the site, but I need some help. I think I am going to go with the Swiftech Liquid Kits, cause I dont want to have any problems hooking this up since its my first time, but I want some nice temps so.... The swiftech prices are pretty high , and I see people getting better temps with cheaper setups. So my question is: Should I buy it part by part and put it together? If so, could someone help me do this? I read through the swiftech installation guides, but doing it myself part by part? :confused:
My other option is, should I buy the swiftech and get a nice heatercore and better pump? Anyways respond please...or email me, cause like I said newbie here.

Hey man welcome to the forums!!!!!!!

actually i just did a dual xp 1800 water cooled setup a few weeks back. i used the swiftech water blocks with the ziff clips in series and all is good. i used the via aqua 1300 and chevelle heater core. so i did get all seperate parts and put it together myself.

don't worry about screwing up and just make sure you run it in the case for a day to make sure there are no leaks. wishing you the best of luck!!!! :)

I have been a lurker here for a while, and most of the stuff I've figured out on my own: I found a radiator that would fit my case on e-bay, water blocks from Danger Den (I read about them on PC cooling a while back or something like that) , hose from EVCO, eheim pump from danger den... etc. I'm still putting things together now, and having fun doing it. I probably could've been done a long time ago had I bought everything as a complete kit... but I'm in it for the fun of it, not so much to just do it because I can.

Not sure if that makes sense. Maybe I should use beer for coolant...hmm...

The swiftech kit is a little pricey, but if you know which parts you need, you can get everything together and have a sweet setup with good waterblocks and quality components for a little less $$.

-ben

dont get a kit, just get a pump (eheim1250 0ver 300 gph, and high qulity) , 2 blocks(tc-4 and spir@l are good), a heater core(the one from d-tek is the best available and get the shroud), tubing, 2 y splitters, and a T fitting, thats all you really need, and just get it all from www.dtekcustoms.com, you'll save a lot of money and get awsome dually performance! :D, but run your blocks in tandem(thats what teh y splitters are for) and good luck! :D :D

Thanks

Thanks for all the info guys. I guess I shall start ordering parts. :D
Oh and the spot where I can fit a radiator already has holes drilled for 2 80 mm fans. Should I do something about this? Cover them up with a thin piece of metal of just throw the radiator on top of it? It has small fans holes and holes for the screws.

i dont really understand the last post, you will need a hole for air flow, so blocking the holes wont do anything, you will need to cut out a large fan hole for the fan on the radiator

Back