• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this enough power?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krott5333

I currently have a 400 w generic PSU (LPK2-4), which is apparently working fine, but I plan on moving it into a new case, with new stuff.. will it handle the following items??? :

K7S5A
1800+
32x CDRW
16x DVD
Floppy
7200 RPM HD
Radeon 7500
SB Live Value
Crystalfontz 16x2 LCD
TT 7+
4 80mm Tornados
1 12" Cold Cathode

stay away from generic.....just because it saids 400watt doesnt mean its constantly pumping 400watts......go with the name brands....antec, enermax, sparkle, etc.

newegg has an Allied 400 for $36, and a 450 for $50. They got great ratings from customers

I had an allied psu and got rid of it because it was extremely inconsistant...went with antec true 430. System became stable now at higher fsb and cpu went down a few 4c. The money you save isnt worth it.

Go with an Antec or Sparkle, you won't be dissappointed. Also, it's a lasting investment that wont become obsolete in the next 3 months ;)

I work for a local reseller store and we use Allied PSUs with all of our systems which are backed with a 2 year warranty. In the year we've used these PSUs we haven't gotten one back yet for warranty service. I also use a 350w allied in my other system that doesn't have as high powered stuff and it's kick ***.

Just to say, don't really avoid Allied. But if you do want the best of the best, I would have to say get either Enermax or Antec (Sparkle is okay, but my last sparkle sucked, and we get dead Sparkle PSUs showing up at our store constantly, almost as constant as dead Western Digital HDs)

If I decide it's worth the money I'm going for an enermax 550w before too long.

DaedalusX said:
I work for a local reseller store and we use Allied PSUs with all of our systems which are backed with a 2 year warranty. In the year we've used these PSUs we haven't gotten one back yet for warranty service.

You may not have gotten them back for breaking down, but I really wonder what the stability of their +5 and +3.3 lines are...

I work for a local reseller store and we use Allied PSUs with all of our systems which are backed with a 2 year warranty. In the year we've used these PSUs we haven't gotten one back yet for warranty service. I also use a 350w allied in my other system that doesn't have as high powered stuff and it's kick ***

I dont doubt that the allieds work fine normally, but the stability becomes a factor when overclocking.

Back