• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

evap cooling ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coaiti

Registered
I know you cannot put antifreeze so how do I keep water from freezing?..does it freeze? and why do u need a biological killing agent?

no it doesn't get anywhere near freezing point. A couple degrees below ambient temps at most.

A good fish tank germicide should do wonders to keep algae from building.

antifreeze is too polar to evaporate. For one, I can't stand the smell of it, and some will go into the air stuck the water molecules, not great, but it won't kill you cause it would be really watered down. You don't want things growing in your water block, so use something to get rid of it. An aquarium stuff would work, or the stuff they put in humidifiers would be good too. Spode says bleach works well too.

sort of off the topic but i am sort of glum because I started my evaporative cooling thing, but then I found out my pump doesnt work to well so I need a new one, but I dont have any money to get one so my 2nd computer just sits there for a couple of weeks until i mow the lawn a couple of times. Yes I know the worlds smallest violin is on concert for me.

Xerka (May 07, 2001 10:26 p.m.):
sort of off the topic but i am sort of glum because I started my evaporative cooling thing, but then I found out my pump doesnt work to well so I need a new one, but I dont have any money to get one so my 2nd computer just sits there for a couple of weeks until i mow the lawn a couple of times. Yes I know the worlds smallest violin is on concert for me.

I don't know if this would work or not, but try putting your pump halfway up your evaporator and try it like that...maybe then it would have enough head to get it all the way up.

Back