• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant get mandrake 8.2 on abit it7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phantom punisher

after getting a failed download of mandrake 9.0 at 1 sec remaining:) i tryed mandrake 8.2
first discovery is there is no raid sopport for the htp374 raid.
there is drivers avalible for linux at: http://www.highpoint-tech.com/ but there not for mandrake or redhat8. anyone know a place for hacked drivers?

now i just used the normal ide(non raid plugins) and i got to install but it hung while loading. is there something else stoping it on this board or was that just a bad luck?

ok looks like mdk 9.0 is working though it dosnt recognize cds in the cdrom. could be a lot of things at this point but yes ive got linux running!
edit: maybe its becasue i burned a 700mb .iso onto a 650mb cd. lol

Last edited:
Cool, welcome to the light.

Its been awhile, and its now running windows for gamng, but I do not remember any installation issues on my abit KT7A-RAID. Don't remember the exact controller, but it was a highpoint, and the board is old. I did get mandrake 8.2 to work on this board with RAID, with no issues.

The mandrake forums have been helpful for me in the past, you may try there with specific hardware questions.

Have fun

yea linux was flawless on my abit vp6. i think im gonna be fine on this board to, just cant use raid. and i need a non currupt download!. maybe later tonight.

Back