• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My MC462A has arrived!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgk

Just in time for the hot weather. Now I have to rip the whole thing apart in order to install it.

Odd that there isn't an RPM monitor on it though. Even though it is a 4pin (well, actually 2pin) connector, there could be a wire to go to the MB. Oh well, I don't think the A7V is picky about needing the feedback.

Could ya post some before/after temps?
By the way.. which fan is on the model you have... the Delta or the Sanyo?

Thanks

K-Lined4lyf

I certainly will, but it will be some time before I can actually work on this. My rule of thumb with PCs is that whatever I try to do will take three times as long as I think, and I'm going to be very busy until the second week of June or so.

I'm not sure which fan it is. No label at all.

OK to tell which fan is easy.The Delta is the fan shown on the pictures of the MC 462 on the swiftech homepage.that thing is large and has static blades aswell as the normal moving blades.the sanyo looks like an ordinary fan.
if you got one with the delta please tell me where you got it from because i am looking for one with the delta

I got it from Swiftnets directly. It is the delta. The potential replacement fan (Sanyo I think) has an RPM monitor, the Delta does not. I'm currently trying to figure out whether to keep the Delta or swap for the Sanyo.

I've had my MC-462 for almost 3 months. Trust me, keep the Delta if you're going to OC. I have tried about 6 or 7 high performance 80mm fans, as well as several adapted 92mm fans and though I don't care for the noise level, the Delta has no equal. If you're pushing the edge, you will need the uumph.

Hoot

u guys r sooooo bloody lucky!!!!!!!
i`m trying to order the MC462 or any other stuff that matters ,but the stupid postage cost +US$64 bucks to sydney!!!!!!!!!
lucky bastards!!!!!!!!!
ps. if u guys know how to cut down the cost for the postage then please let me know......

GOD....

YEH...
it really sucks....
how do you ppl afford to post anything in the US????
if i was to post the samething from sydney to the US it costs 1/4 of the price they have quoted.....
very strange indeed.......
i think UPS really sucks......

GOD.....

How can u put that HSF on a Tbird, the specs says anything over 300g ,would be a problem

Hoot (May 10, 2001 08:33 a.m.):
I've had my MC-462 for almost 3 months. Trust me, keep the Delta if you're going to OC. I have tried about 6 or 7 high performance 80mm fans, as well as several adapted 92mm fans and though I don't care for the noise level, the Delta has no equal. If you're pushing the edge, you will need the uumph.

Hoot

hoot...hoot...hoot...hoot...hoot...hoot

recieved my 462 2nd week of feb and this thing kicks butt,,hey ;D

Kalt, I'm opposite of you on keeping the Delta fan. It's working, but it vibrates like hell. It actually shakes my whole system to a degree that I feel unsafe leaving it on my CPU's fragile die for extended period of time. I heard that the Sanyo Denki is very smooth with no vibration at all. I bought mine at CoolerGuys.com for roughly $80 USdollars.

Anyway, I shipped the fan back for a replacement fan, if not a Sanyo Denki, at least a 'non-vibrating' fan. I feel that a vibrating fan that shakes your PC for extended period of time, in the long run, you CPU's die may eventually worn out or cause the CPU to go back of all the vibrating affect it puts on your CPU whenevern your PC is on.

Anyway, that's my assessment of it. Someone may view it differently.

if your tray is removable...put sum rubber washer between teh tray and case.. that took sum of my vrbrations away. sum cheapie cases (no support beams for PSU) rattle A LOT.

The MC-462A weight is not an issue, because the spec limiting weight is based upon inferior mounting systems that utilize the tangs on the plastic socket. The MC-462A uses an anchoring system which employs the four holes in the motherboard. If I had my way, all HSFs would use this method. It is truly fool proof and highly effective. I don't even have the 4 rubber pads on my HSF and I still don't worry about damage. I'm not foolish mind you, they fell off when I degreased my HSF in a Branson heated solvent cleaner. The adhesive obviously dissolved. I did retrieve them from the solvent circulation filter and will put them back on when it is convenient.
As far as dealers that sell the MC-462A and the shipping charges, I cn't do anything about their policies. I simply stated that if I wanted to ship one to Australia, it would cost me $18.75, but then I would not be trying to make two profits off of a sale. One is enough.

Hoot

Back