• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

At last, a use for those damn AOL CD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnWishedLegacy

im sure youve recieved LOADS of those free CD's from the likes of AOL. so lets put them to use.

Could lining your side panels with CD'd (like the ones you get from AOL) block interferance??
could look good with a couple of Cold Cathode tubes...

Any thoughts?

ed8150 said:
i dont think so, not unless you grounded the cds in some way.
Why would you need to ground the CD's??

I was always under the impression that CD's are just overpriced shiny pieces of plastic (I know they are free, but even thats too expensive if its AOL) and seeing as they are being glued to the side panels, it should be OK anyway.

ok, maybe grounding them could help, but i suppose interference a secondary concern- its all about the looks (and i dont even have a window mod... yet...)

but i think it would look better if, not cutting them into squares, but creating a "crazy paving" effect (sledgehammers at the ready).

Watch this space...

hmmm, melting CD's, well- if my temps get any higher, that wont be an issue. :burn:

ok, maybe not but lets faced it if Mircosoft CD's are forged in the depths of hell, than where are AOL CD's made???

I just break em... vent pent up rage. God what a great target to take out all my stress on.. it's better than those balloons filled with sand. Or just throw them at unsuspecting pedestrians.

-checks mail for more AOL CDs....-

<ag>

I was at one time going to get a whole bunch, and bolt them all into a big parabolic mirror so I could melt people from the roof of my house, but it didn't pan out.

i drill a really small hole in the very outter edge of them, and nail them to my wall, shinny side out. Make a good decoration. Started running around the top of the room, as though it is a boarder, working on my second lap around

I used them for wallpaper, but they make really good mobiles if you put them in the microwave for 4 seconds.:) not too long though, I got my old micro smokin from this. *ADVICE* a balcony+a cooler of your favorite liquid+a box of 1000 aol cds=bruised peds:). Oh, and for all of you who sit at home and wait to kill your little part of aol, hear this: I almost got arrested twice when I stole the WHOLE display of aol cds from both entrances of SEARS. *FUN*

# of AOL CDs on the walls: 700 per wall.
# of AOL CDs on the ceiling: 800.
# of spare AOL CDs: Around 1000.
Primary use of spare AOL CDs: Coasters or frisbees.

Current ISP: My girlfriend's gramma's AOL account.

LMAO

Oni said:
I was at one time going to get a whole bunch, and bolt them all into a big parabolic mirror so I could melt people from the roof of my house, but it didn't pan out.

LMF@O

hey I have an idea mount them too the roof of your house
too use them too harness the suns energy THEN convert that energy into a refregeration device that would allow you to cool your CPU

cosmo- thats the best idea ive heard... after all, if its sunny then your temps will be hotter- so use the sun to cool your system.

YOUR A GENIUS

Back