• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N266-VM Overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i took out the battery, and cleared cmos, but it still doesn't work... i guess i screwed up the bios.... i can't boot at all... not even mentioning windows...

Sorry about your board.

I cut the JEN jumper and connected the other using conductive silver epoxy. I had pre-loaded BIOS 1001 before I started. Was able to change FSB and memory ratio. Multiplier was changable but pointless because CPU is locked. Booted with 150 FSB but nothing was hooked up and I only have a stock cooler at the moment so didn't try anything else.

-Rav

Has anyone successfully used the 1005 beta bios? I don't think the 1001 would have support for Tbreds, and I have a Mobile Tbred on the way that I need to use on this board. I'm hoping that the 1005 bios will have the OCing options again... if anyone has found this to be true, let me know.

Because the BIOS was also available from the USA site. I don't know if the language difference would cause it to crap out though. Sounds like a very trivial issue (The language bit, not the crapping out). By the way, search around for information about getting your mobo to boot again. I read some threads a day or two ago about the very same thing - seems like there are ways to get it going without trashing it. Good luck.

shade, i have no idea where to look, but i'll try...

is there a possibility that you could go through your temp files, or history to see which thread that was? it would help sooo much.... i'll edit this post if i find it

and thanx

edit : i found the thread, and i also found how to do it... BUT!!! my computer still doesn't even check the floppy drive.... :( therefore i can't fix it

Last edited:
filip: Keep trying. Worst case you have to order a new BIOS. Whenever I was looking around that thread I found a site that would repair them or sell you new ones. The price was pretty reasonable... $20 or so. Reasonable compared to ordering a new mobo anyway. I'll see if I can locate the site for you, and maybe come up with some more ideas on fixing it.

Dalton: Awesome! I might try the newest BIOS. But I want to make sure it works. Should I flash the BIOS first and then do the mod, or do the mod and then flash? Danke.

right now i'm looking for someone that maybe HAS this motherboard and will let me record my chip in there.... but it would be great to find that place that would sell me just the bios... worst case scenario, i have to buy a new motherboard, and then i have 2 working ones... i have to upgrade this computer soon anyways...

filip, did you check out badflash.com? I think they do what you need. It would be great to find someone who could do it for free, but $20 to fix your BIOS is better than $80+ for a new mobo IMHO.

sry, didn't notice the second page on here

edit: i'll first try to return my mobo as it only lasted less than 48 hours... i'll just say that it NEVER worked... (even thoguht i modified it already.... but its unnoticable)

i don't wanna lie!!!! can someone just take my bios chip and write it for me???

edit (read update) : im going in in about an hour or so... tell them what is really up... see what they do... thanx for everything guys... oh yeah, and i checked the real bios thread (found it) - and i even tried hotswapping, but it locked up my computer when i put in my non-working bios chip... unfortunately its hard to write a AWARD chip in a AMI comp... maybe next time.. but hey, look on the bright side... i tried everything.. lol... and thanx for all the help guys

Last edited:
o'c?

i've read this thread, and i still have absolutely NO idea how to o'c this board, or even if its possible.. lol.. i was hoping to get an 1800 athlon and whack it on 10x166 (5x333DDR) or slightly higher multi, but now i am just confused :argue:

ARGH!!! Filip, I had the same problem as you did. I upped to BIOS 1005.01, worked fine, then I went into the BIOS and moved the FSB up. Tried to reboot, system said no, so now it won't post at all!!! Argghh!!!! I'm RMAing it and getting an Abit board. *Sigh.*

Back