• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just added myself to OC Seti Team !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iparout

Registered
Hi all...

Well, I haven't been around these forums much, but from the very few times I have posted here, I can see that this board is most probably the best one regarding Overclocking and CPUs...

I am a CrAzY Seti cruncher (I am running Seti@home 24/7) and I have decided to join the team of the fellow overclockers here...

To what it's worth, I got a P4 2A GHz @ 2.6 GHz with 256 MB Samsung DDR333 RAM @ DDR346 speeds...

So, I guess I'll be seeing you around guys.

Laterz ! :)

Welcome to the team Ipar. Couldn't agree with you more. If you want to squeeze some more uumph out of your budget this place will do it for you.:D

Happy crunching.

Harvey

iparout said:

To what it's worth, I got a P4 2A GHz @ 2.6 GHz with 256 MB Samsung DDR333 RAM @ DDR346 speeds...
Welcome to the team:cool: Now don't you wish you had 10 systems like that:D

Welcome to the team!! Overclockers is the only team to crunch for - and we're all crazy so you'll fit in just fine ;)

Welcome to the team!!

Have you checked out the team page yet?

http://www.ocsetiteam.com/index.php

They did a great job on it, track where you're at, how tos, a really cool benchmark page .... etc. all resources for team members.

I would like to see where your rig benches, I bet its a screamer.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome... :)

none1 said:
Welcome to the team!!

Have you checked out the team page yet?

http://www.ocsetiteam.com/index.php

They did a great job on it, track where you're at, how tos, a really cool benchmark page .... etc. all resources for team members.

I would like to see where your rig benches, I bet its a screamer.

I already did the benchmark yesterday and I sent the results to [email protected] but they have not benn posted yet... Maybe it needs a couple days. Anyways, FYI the benchmark WU was crunched in 3 h 1 min 25 sec using SetiHide ! I was *THAT* close to breaking the 3 h barrier...

@TC : Mate, how come you are crunching 30 WU per day ? How many rigs do you got there ? Just curious...

Last edited:
And the subject of Farming once again rears its head:D

You will find that there are quite a few people on the Team running Seti Farms- multiple computers crunching under their account.

Some are the pcs of friends, relatives or customers, or even work pcs (with permission), but there are also quite a few that are wholly owned and run by one of the people on the team;)

Seti Farming is highly contagious: quite a few people join the team and are infected by "the Seti Bug"!

You may be next!:D

I'm actually crunching around 110 units per day, but there are several other guys doing a lot more than that. I have about 16 computers running in my farm.

rogerdugans said:
And the subject of Farming once again rears its head:D

Seti Farming is highly contagious: quite a few people join the team and are infected by "the Seti Bug"!

You may be next!:D

Believe me, last week I caught myself calculating the cost of 10 Northwoods 1.8 GHz and 10 P4S533 mobos... :eek: :eek:

It was either that or a rear wing for my Celi. You know what ? My car's needs won... :D lol

iparout said:

Believe me, last week I caught myself calculating the cost of 10 Northwoods 1.8 GHz and 10 P4S533 mobos... :eek: :eek:

Well .... the going cost for a single seti AMD node seems to be around $180, [say $150 to $220 depending on componets] For only about $600 you can get a good 3 node farm going ..........
:) Welcome to the additction.

Great benchmark .... amost under 3 hours COOL. Maybe just a smidge more on the FSB ........ :)

Good luck!

got your result in yesterday. will post it later! ;)

btw, by going to AMDs, you not only say some $$ but also should be able to keep those 3hr flat time too. :)

p.s. i feel how you are feeling 'bout car & computer too! i myself is in the same situation but just worst than you......---> getting a new car :D so,i guess i would stop adding any more crunching power and consentrate on getting more horse power (and look of course!) when it arrives in 1 1/2 ~ 2 months later. ;)

LandShark said:
got your result in yesterday. will post it later! ;)

btw, by going to AMDs, you not only say some $$ but also should be able to keep those 3hr flat time too. :)

p.s. i feel how you are feeling 'bout car & computer too! i myself is in the same situation but just worst than you......---> getting a new car :D so,i guess i would stop adding any more crunching power and consentrate on getting more horse power (and look of course!) when it arrives in 1 1/2 ~ 2 months later. ;)

HE HE HE... I got my car in August and now I am working on improving the looks of it... I don't mind about horsepower *YET*... lol

BTW, the reason why I would choose the Woodies over AMD would be their overclocking potentials... O\Cing is much more addicting than crunching... :D Well, at least most of the times... lol

well, you should keep in mind that "MHz" doesn't show the "real picture" of a computer's performance!! yeah, it looks good "on number". wow! 6-800MHz overclock, right?

look at this example, your 2.0a @ almost 2.6G (2.59G) ave. 'bout 3:01 right?! my XP1600+ @ 1.75G could do it at 'bout 2:5x!! dollar/performance-wise

btw, i'm not a fan of neither AMD nor Intel (no gonna start/see another flame war here pls!), and i have both product in my farm.

LandShark said:
well, you should keep in mind that "MHz" doesn't show the "real picture" of a computer's performance!! yeah, it looks good "on number". wow! 6-800MHz overclock, right?

look at this example, your 2.0a @ almost 2.6G (2.59G) ave. 'bout 3:01 right?! my XP1600+ @ 1.75G could do it at 'bout 2:5x!! dollar/performance-wise

btw, i'm not a fan of neither AMD nor Intel (no gonna start/see another flame war here pls!), and i have both product in my farm.

Don't worry, I'm not gonna start an AMD vs Intel flame war either (I think it's childish...) but the reason why I got Penium 4 instead of Athlon is because of their Video Editing/Encoding performance... I know that AMDs are top notch in numbers crunching (I found that out by crunching for Distributed.net last summer), however the AMDs don't live up to my expectations when Video Editing and DivX encoding (which I do very often) come in play...

iparout said:

Don't worry, I'm not gonna start an AMD vs Intel flame war either (I think it's childish...) but the reason why I got Penium 4 instead of Athlon is because of their Video Editing/Encoding performance... I know that AMDs are top notch in numbers crunching (I found that out by crunching for Distributed.net last summer), however the AMDs don't live up to my expectations when Video Editing and DivX encoding (which I do very often) come in play...
well, in that case, YES! video is NOT a AthlonXP thing!!

Back