• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$135 for a jaton geforce 4 128MB!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tru2ya

I was checking up on the prices on pricewatch and i came across a jaton geforce 4 ti4200 128MB for a low price compared to the others. My question is, how reliable is this company? I never heard of the company before and havent seen it mentioned anywhere. If anyone knows anything about these cards please give me some feedback.
http://avlogic.com/product.cgi?code=11081914

I have one of there old TNT2 cards are it worked just as well as any other brand and was a lot cheaper. Also... it oc'ed well :)

wow, looks like a good deal to me. maybe u should post this in cyber Deals!

Thanks guys for the quick responses :D Its nice to know that the reseller is legit, but i'm still not sure about the jaton brand. Also do you guys think that you will see a big performance increase between a 64MB and 128MB card? I noticed also that a lot of the 64MB versions seem to OC better. I guess i just wanna make sure for OC purposes (such as raising the fsb on a a7v333 i'm thinking of getting) that the vcard won't be preventing me from raising the fsb to a reasonable amount. Like depending on the brand, some people posted that their card would not allow them to OC the fsb past a certain point, but then switched brands and then were able to do so.

Last edited:
Normally when it looks too good to be true, I like to check out the company through the BBB first. Long distance phone calls are expensive, but not nearly as expensive as getting ripped off. If they haven't ever heard of a company, or if they've REALLY heard of a company (IE its new and may set up shop for a week and then disapear, or its old and has been ripping people for years) I take a pass on the company and buy it from newegg. Sometimes
however, its safe to deal with shady looking ones if they use another company for their billing and that company offers protection against fraud. Your credit card company may also offer fraud protection for online purchases, but its often very time consuming to claim.

Same crappy cooler on my MSI GeForce 3 Ti500.. if you don't like overclocking, don't get that card. However, if you don't mind modding it, I would say it would work just fine. :)

If i had to do some modding how much do you think it would cost just to put on a fairly decent cooling fan? Also as far as Overclocking, according to the website the core is at 300 and the memory is up to 650 by default, that would be overclocked good enough for me as long as its stable.

I use Jaton cards all the time and they are the best cards for the Buck.. Also a jaton card gave me the highest G2 400MX Overclock which is posted on Overclockers.com. Jaton is a very good company with quality cards. And they OC great with my experiances with them. I say go for it.

Lets say i cant overclock the jaton much from its default speeds (250 core, 500 ram), like maybe 275 core/525 ram. Will the 128MB outperform a 64MB that can be overclocked to 300 core/600 ram as far as benchmark scores and higher fps are concerned?

Well youre in luck guys my brother has one of thier ge 4 mx 440's and the green heat sink on the 4200 is the exsact same and it's better than the crap nvidia used to put on before the new blue orbs that alot have now

Ya that Jaton look kinda cheap to me. It has to same cooler as my leadtek g3. I put a blue orb on my g3. If you buy the Jaton card and wanna overclock I would reccomend you put a blue orb cooler on...heck I got mine for 6 dollars!!!!! They are 8 bucks at newegg though.

I cant remember where I got it for 6 dollars:rolleyes: but 2 dollars difference isnt much.

Good luck and welcome to the forums!!!!!!

But still, i was just wondering if I coundn't overclock the jaton's ram to as fast as the some of these 64MBs, will the doubled ram still out perform the 64MBs in benchmarks?

Back