• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tribes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I like to play renegades more than anything else. I liked shifter v1g on tribes, but in tribes2 shifter messes with the aim of the snipe rifle so it's off to the southwest by like 1/4 of a meter. sucky.

T2 not as good as T1

Yes Tribes is the game of legends.

they tried to get two complicated with tribes 2 and forgot to put in the little bit of magic from the original.

Both are good and i still play them but T1 is the classic.

The apocalypse of man shall come about from fault of man, Man alone

I totally agree, and I wish they could opperate on T2 and put in a goodness gland or sometin like that.

Zigma said:

v-pad sniper. we all look down apon you :argue:

I take offense at that comment. I do NOT v-pad snipe. I did my first game and was flamed off the server, so I stopped. I defend our flag mostly. If that is cheating, then the rules need revising. My flag is fair game to snipe. End of story.

LittlePiggie said:

I take offense at that comment. I do NOT v-pad snipe. I did my first game and was flamed off the server, so I stopped. I defend our flag mostly. If that is cheating, then the rules need revising. My flag is fair game to snipe. End of story.

i find your story extreamly farfetched. you must have been dodging the mortar spam pretty good as well as the bombers, HO and Midfield. i would like to belive you but i've been playing this game since it came out (yes its been 1year+ and still play) and i play in competition (twl (S|B) sapphire blade and ^NoS^ NovaStorm) and 52 kills all sniper rifle in 15 minutes.. ive never seen it happen nor i think it will happen for the fact that everyone that plays the game these days are highly skilled and can take out a D sniper in 1-2 disc shots. sorry if i offend you.

*edit* and sniping on a 56k connection

Krusty said:
I still play Tribes2 on an almost daily basis. Pretty much the only server I play on is Combat PA 3.0 T2. It's a mod server (Mousemod) that has a few tweaks that make it far more exciting for me. Cloak pack and shield pack can be run indefinately if you are careful with jetting. Several weapons were given a bit more punch too.

Alas, the new patch has messed with my favorite mod a bit. Cloakers are completely invisible, which makes the infinite cloak pack a real b**** to deal with. Also, the speed boosters got messed up so you could launch yourself completely across the map and have enough speed to die running into a mountain. All problems will be repaired in due time though.

Soo..if any of you want to try taking me on, look for Krusty-- on combat PA. I'm quite proud of my skills there. Much better than counterstrike.

DUDE! heh, I play on the Combat PA server too!! I know there are several Combat PA servers, and i thought the one I was playing on was Combat PA 2.0 T3.....Is the mod you're talking about the mod with the Magnum, the Gauss Assault Rifle, and that badass cannon Jugs carry, the antimatter cannon?

I love that mod, it's the only server I play on 'cuz i like it so much more than the regular weapons....you can go cloaked as a scout or set up some heavy defenses as a jug, that mod rocks!!

i haven't played much lately cuz of school but i'm on there as Chavez or Pak Su Won when I do play.

PS down with V-pad Snipers!!

h20link said:

DUDE! heh, I play on the Combat PA server too!! I know there are several Combat PA servers, and i thought the one I was playing on was Combat PA 2.0 T3.....Is the mod you're talking about the mod with the Magnum, the Gauss Assault Rifle, and that badass cannon Jugs carry, the antimatter cannon?

I love that mod, it's the only server I play on 'cuz i like it so much more than the regular weapons....you can go cloaked as a scout or set up some heavy defenses as a jug, that mod rocks!!

i haven't played much lately cuz of school but i'm on there as Chavez or Pak Su Won when I do play.

PS down with V-pad Snipers!!

No, Combat PA 2.0 T3 is a completely different server run by a completely company. I play combat pa 3.0 T2. The mod is called Mousemod. I believe the person running the 2.0 T3 server is attempting to get users by mimicing the name of another popular server. There used to be a Combat PA 3.1 T2 run by the same person, but it wasn't very popular so the administrator got rid of it.

You should check out the server I play on. There aren't any nifty weapons or anything, but there are enough changes to make it a completely different game. Mainly infinite cloak, infinite shield, beacon boosters, and cloak sniping. What I find so wonderful about the server though is the regulars tht play on it. They are some great players that actually use teamwork. Besides, sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name...

Zigma said:

i find your story extreamly farfetched. you must have been dodging the mortar spam pretty good as well as the bombers, HO and Midfield. i would like to belive you but i've been playing this game since it came out (yes its been 1year+ and still play) and i play in competition (twl (S|B) sapphire blade and ^NoS^ NovaStorm) and 52 kills all sniper rifle in 15 minutes.. ive never seen it happen nor i think it will happen for the fact that everyone that plays the game these days are highly skilled and can take out a D sniper in 1-2 disc shots. sorry if i offend you.

*edit* and sniping on a 56k connection
1. I did this a my g/f house with cable and a p3 700.
2. You don't have to believe me, I am content with the fact that I rock as a sniper.

LittlePiggie said:

1. I did this a my g/f house with cable and a p3 700.
2. You don't have to believe me, I am content with the fact that I rock as a sniper.

ok...

I still play Tribes 1! My sc is Spiked of course! dont worry about what your connection is for Tribes 1.... I've been using a 56k on my laptop occasionally and no lag as of yet!

Back