• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage Riser on A7V133 HOT!!!! at 2.1v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LesterP

all those who have modded their KT133 based boards, have you checked how hot the voltage components on your boards are? I put heatsinks on the mofsets on my A7V133's riser card and they get hot, but on the back side of the card where the mofsets are is BURN your fingers hot, as are some of the capacitors. i can only wonder at the tolerances these things have. this must be impacting their life span. anyone have any thoughts?

Yes, what can i say.

A7V133 is a good board but it´s hot even if you haven´t mod it.

I´m planing to do a mod, but have you checked if the temp at the back of VRM is hot as hell in 1.85v ?

And if so have mutch more heat is added in 2.1v... Burning fingers is one thing , but what´s the temp?

And one more question, could you by ( FORCE ) pull out the VRM ( Voltage Regulator Module) and apply the cable to the IC pin.

Or is it completly solderd to the board? ( Mutch easier to solder if you pull it out i "guess" )

Love you´re work......

O/C 4 Ever...

i've read that the VRM comes out, but i tugged pretty good on it and nada, so i gave up and soldered with it in place.

Back