• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fop32-1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rayers2

Registered
I bought a oc glacier for the fan (36)cfm and poped it on my fop32-1. It droped my temps from 57 under load to 52c on my tb1300...

you should have bought a 40-50 cfm 80mm fan and mounted that on it, I have a 47cfm ys-tech 80mm fan and though some of the air flow is lost due to the overhang it performs as well as a delta and at much lower volume, your temps do sound high though, are you using the pink pad or some thermal compound

yeah, those temps are a bit high. You using some thermal compound on that? You may want to lap it too.

Nah, you should not have to lap it. I have the standard un-modified FOP-32 with Artic Silver II thermal grease and an open case. My AMD Athlon 700 Socket A overclocked to 900 runs at 32 Celcius under a full load. Again, no water cooling or pelter, just a standard Global Win FOP 32 and Artic Silver II. It is really an amazing setup considering that the processor only runs 6.4 degrees Celcius above room temperature under a full load.

Back