• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need LIGHT and QUIET hsf

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boy914

Registered
Hi.
It seems like not many people here pay attention to this, but according to AMD, the maximum weight on a Socket A is 300g. Since I plan on moving at least twice during the life of my next computer (for which I am trying to get a hsf), I would like to stay under that cap.
From what I read at Tom's Hardware, the Alpha PAL3065 just barely squeaks under 300g (the PEP is 373g), so it looks like that's the front runner, although if anyone knows of a lighter heatsink that performs better, please let me know.
My other concern is noise: I would really like to keep it at a minimum. Again, according to Tom's Hardware, the PAL3065 comes with a Sanyo Denki fan that is REALLY quiet. My second question is, are there any fans that are close to as quiet that may work better than the Sanyo Denki? I don't really want to build any adapters, so 60mm fans only, please.
Sorry this is so long. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Question 3:Where should I buy all of this good stuff?

Back