• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what would happen if...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

most deaf

is stick a small copper coin on the bottom of my heatsink, would it improve tempratures? if so what should i stick it on with

Before I jumped from my FOP-32E (E=Extra Core Damage Potential), I took a slab of 1/4 inch copper plate I had and cut out a 2x2inch piece (aka cold plate). I lapped the base of the FOP and both sides of the cold plate. I then put Arctic Silver on the cold plate and mated it to the FOP base, giving it a good squeeze in the vise along with warming it with a heat gun to seat the two firmly against one another. I then installed the assembly where I had originally only had the FOP. My resulting core temps dropped 2C for the same CPU load and voltage. A copper spreader plate did help. If you are not into modifying the retention clip, or as in my case, making a different retention system, then don't pursue this.

Hoot

Back