• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

played with a fresh 2.0a yesterday

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Silver Arrow, **** off. It's certainly not up to you to be the judge. I don't care what you think of me or my experience. You are just looking for a nit to pick after I sent your illogical arguments about the celeron where they belong, and I could care less.

Last edited:
I am sorry if I offended your majestic experience, larva. But what I said is true, and celeron is not the issue here, don't change the subject. You know it's all true and since you have nothing to say, all you can say is "**** off, silver arrow" and "I don't care what you think about xyz". The fact that "customer hasn't paid yet" has nothing to do with it.
And if you don't care what people think of you and your experience, that is sad. I won't say anything here anymore, because there's no sense since you don't possess the inteligence and moral to understand what I am trying to say. It seems that the only world you live in is your computer.

....since you don't possess the inteligence and moral to understand what I am trying to say.

Yes you are sorry, but you were trying to offend me, so it's hard to believe there is any regret there. As far as intelligence goes, at least I can spell it. And morality is the term you where after, but as you mold it to suit your particlular stance at the moment, I can understand your unfamiliarity with the term.

And BTW, if you really feel an hour of overclocked operation at .1V over factory spec is damaging to equipment, you are on the wrong board.

Last edited:
Well, I was all ready to explode on the people who are yelling "LOL U CANT OC TEH COPOOTER THAT IZANT URS!!!11", but larva seems to have done that already.

And how would you feel if a bartender would spit in your drink? Would you mind, even if he was an experienced spitter?

Well, as long as I hadn't bought the drink from him, I really couldn't care less.

A larva - :eek: @ that OC. Nice work. :)

Larva:

You don't REALLY believe that it's OK to test the overclocking potential of a customer's machine before they pick it up, do you? I suspect you just never really thought about it.

It probably wouldn't do any harm, but... it's not your decision to make.

ThePerfectCore said:
Well, as long as I hadn't bought the drink from him, I really couldn't care less.

A larva - :eek: @ that OC. Nice work. :)

The situation is more like you had ordered that drink, and the barman spit in it unbeknowst to you, with the claim that there is nothing wrong with his spit. Cheers mate.

Soapy said:
Larva:

You don't REALLY believe that it's OK to test the overclocking potential of a customer's machine before they pick it up, do you? I suspect you just never really thought about it.

It probably wouldn't do any harm, but... it's not your decision to make.

Yeah, it's yours to make, right?

It is my decision to make. It was my property, my customer, and what I did with it in no way harmed the chip. The people that buy from me buy from me because I know enough to not damage their equipment. I've been doing this for a decade, I don't have to wonder if it's damaged or not.

I'm kinda lost as to what the arguement is here. Is it that testing a machine before giving it to a customer is bad? Is it that overclocking is bad? Where is the moral arguement here? There are MANY people who would argue that overclocking a CPU/System is the perfect way to stress test a machine before returning it to stock levels and passing it along to a customer.

Just how do you think Intel speed grades a particular CPU? They have a set of specified performance levels that CPU must be able to work within, and believe me those levels are not 2.0Ghz @ 1.525V. There is a lot of margin built in to their testing. The same goes for motherboard or component validation testing.

It is possible to damage a chip or board through overclocking, but I've never in about 15 years of overclocking seen it happen without significant effort, or significant lack thereof. Leave a heatsink off or overvolt a chip by >50% and you might see some smoke, but it takes some effort. I'm sure a dozen people can come up with counter stories, but I'd wager that a lot of them can be traced down to a simple mistake or an actual faulty piece of hardware. (Imagine that, something broke when the machine was being stress tested... ;) )

Now, in the interest of getting this thread off the high horse and back on the track, I've had a chance to play around with a 2.0G CelerWood a bit. I had 2.8Gig @1.6V with no issues at all and 3.0 looked like it was within reach with a little cooling. Maybe next time I mess with it I'll put something other than the Intel heatsink on it. :)

thank you sir

I was beginning to think everyone here had lost their minds... or didn't have one to start with :D

Back