• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power supply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PolyPill

I saw that www.koolance.com has a water cooled power supply, but it also says it shouldn't be used with anything over 1ghz or with DDR memory. Any one know why it shouldn't be used and has anyone made their own water cooled power supply that will work with a system over 1 ghz?

I don't understand why anyone would need to water cool if their system was below 1ghz.

I don't think there is anything special about it. I think it's just for bragging rights. :) I guess the only really cool thing about it is that it is quiet.

Thats pretty much the only reason I wanted it water cooled. I'm really sick of the noise and if you try recording musical intruments and be in the same room there's the hum of the fans in the background. I'm trying to make the quietest comp possible.

my system is dang quiet. I have a sparkle PSU, and the rest of my system is water cooled. I don't have a fan on my radiator, so I don't have any fans except for the one on the PSU which is extremely quiet.

Back