• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your suggestions on the OC Team Name

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is the Team name you feel we should have.

• [url]www.overclockers.com[/url] Seti Team

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Overclockers.com Seti Team

Votes: 61 76.3%
  • Overclockers Seti Team

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
How hard is it to edit a poll?

I think having TOO many options is beside the point, myself, and would only add to the confusion (of which there is already enough!!!) but if someone had a "write-in" that gets support could be added.....?

Personally, I think we have enough with:

www.overclockers.com Seti Team
overclockers.com Seti Team
overclockers Seti Team

I posted in the other thread, but running this poll is still important to in my mind: we NEED to know how as many members of the team as possible feel about the name.

This is a TEAM and EVERYONE should have input.

my vote goes to
www.overclockers.com Seti Team because I joined thanks to the site
if it sounds like an URL, and direct people to it, all the better
if it cause a technical problem such as creating a link automatically, then a target page should be set up at the site (ask Ed or Skip) to avoid error 404

second choice would be Overclockers.com Seti Team

you have my vote.

btw what do i need to change in my ini file for setispy to get group stats again?

jstutman said:
you have my vote.

btw what do i need to change in my ini file for setispy to get group stats again?
Right now it's Overclockers.com Seti Team - which seems to be the winner anyway so I suppose that will stick unless something else comes up.

No sorry guys.
I've not voted and I'm not going to.
Cause imho you don't make a team with a "name",
you make a team with friendship that is not a transcendental
concept or something of sublime. It is for me only the willingness to honestly expose personal points of views with people sharing
common interests. A "not now", "I dunno", "I'm tired" are also good cause nobody of us is perfect or indestructible. Now I know I was the last to arrive, my english is poor and I've not the time or the skills to be a "brilliant forumer" but when I asked the meaning of all this confused
story both in the forum and with PMs I got nothing but the silence.
I still don't know what "those pieces of what" someone spoke about were and if you leave an asking person of your team alone in the ignorance I think we have not there the basic requirements
that really make a team. Not the name.
So don't blame me but keep in mind the right priority that is defending against the evidence a weak thought as St. Thomas Aquinas did in a different sphere.
There is nihili in these forums who is admirable for knowledge and could help with these issues but he doesn't crunch, he folds cause he is a good philosopher while I am a bad one.
I really wish you all the best, sorry to have disturbed you.

I didn't run across your questions in the forum, but you could have asked me. I could give you a quick run-down:

Essentially, it appears there was a disagreement amongst the leadership. Some felt threatened by what appeared to be a power grab which resulted in a quick name change as a defensive manuever. This fell out into the forums and got everybody wound up and some folks started choosing sides. In the meantime, after much yelling and shouting, the ownership of these forums decided to help smooth things out and a chat room was created so the Overclockers.com SETI Team leadership could put their heads together and work through their issues. When the issues get organized, they can be brought to the rest of the community so we can put in our 2 cents.

So, in summary, it appears that we are working through our issues after a big shouting match, like any good dysfunctional family does.;)

This post from Skip also discusses the issues:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130179

Last edited:
Vote entered.

To answer several question I'll add the following:

No change to the SETISpy.ini requeired to refelct the change of the team name. SETISpy takes the team name from the berkeley server and refresh it automatically to the GUI. YOu only would need to wait 24 hours to get the WU/day, Total FLOPS and Number of computers figure to appear.

Greg M said:
I didn't run across your questions in the forum, but you could have asked me. I could give you a quick run-down:
Essentially, it appears there was a disagreement amongst the leadership. Some felt threatened by what appeared to be a power grab which resulted in a quick name change as a defensive manuever. This fell out into the forums and got everybody wound up and some folks started choosing sides. In the meantime, after much yelling and shouting, the ownership of these forums decided to help smooth things out and a chat room was created so the Overclockers.com SETI Team leadership could put their heads together and work through their issues. When the issues get organized, they can be brought to the rest of the community so we can put in our 2 cents.
So, in summary, it appears that we are working through our issues after a big shouting match, like any good dysfunctional family does.;)
This post from Skip also discusses the issues:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?=&threadid=130179

And I thank you very much for your statements Greg. It has been kind of you exactly as it has been kind of Tim and SpeeDj to answer my PMs but the problems imho are still there both from a moral and eventually from a legal point of view.
Short (cause I don't wanna disturb you with a poem) from a moral point of view what is friendship and where does it fit
in a team/society of unequals with different leaderships?
From a legal point of view, instead, it should be absolutely
clear that even many hours or days of hard work made for the team by an individual, quite apart from the thanks given or not by the rest of the community, should belong to the team in any case
cause the opposite could lead at a given point to intellectual property abuse problems at least under my country laws
(but I don't think it is so different in USA or Canada. Maybe even more rigorous).

Back