• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your suggestions on the OC Team Name

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is the Team name you feel we should have.

• [url]www.overclockers.com[/url] Seti Team

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Overclockers.com Seti Team

Votes: 61 76.3%
  • Overclockers Seti Team

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
OK, I'll try at an answer. :)

Lorixnt2 said:

Cause imho you don't make a team with a "name",
you make a team with friendship that is not a transcendental
concept or something of sublime. It is for me only the willingness to honestly expose personal points of views with people sharing
common interests.

From Webster's online dictionary:

TEAM
4 : a number of persons associated together in work or activity: as a : a group on one side (as in football or a debate)

1) While friendships often develop on teams, and teams often form from freindship, I DO NOT think friendship is required for a team. For me, its more of a willingness to work together towards a common goal. I have been on sports teams where I DID NOT like some members of the team, but I did respect them, and we worked together as a team to win.

2) I have been on many teams where conflict has emerged. Conflict often does not always ruin or end the team, it just happens.

3) I personally really like this team, because members congratulate, support, welcome, and help each other. I think that is cool, and why I decided to try to contribute to THIS team, here at the www.overclockers.com forums.

4) And while you are correct, it takes more than a name to MAKE a team, for this particular team, the name IS important. The forums are hosted by www.overclockers.com. The seti section is why most of us joined this team. The OWNER of the forum has made it clear that if the team name does not reference the website, then this forum will be deleted.

If the forum is deleted, then the reason many folks joined the team has gone away. So the name is an integral part of this particular team.

Now I know I was the last to arrive, my english is poor and I've not the time or the skills to be a "brilliant forumer"

You make good points, and while some of the folks here are pretty GOOD, I don't know if any of us qualify as a "brilliant forumer".

Have fun,

none1 said:

I have been on sports teams where I DID NOT like some members of the team, but I did respect them, and we worked together as a team to win.

I've got all your points none1 and anyone could deserve a well organized argument. But, for now, if you want to, tell me only

When can you develop respect for a member of your team you don't like?

hipro5 said:
I voted.....but how do I change the seti spy to shows me the updated resaults of the new name???

So far I haven't seen a problem with the way SETISpy display it's information. If this is not done automatically try the following:

Open SETISpy.ini
Go to [Stats] header
Locate the "GroupName=" (without the quotes) line
Change the name to "Overclckers.com SETI Team" (also, without the quotes
You are set

This will refresh the name inmediatly or just after you finish your current WU.

Mictlan said:

So far I haven't seen a problem with the way SETISpy display it's information. If this is not done automatically try the following:

Open SETISpy.ini
Go to [Stats] header
Locate the "GroupName=" (without the quotes) line
Change the name to "Overclckers.com SETI Team" (also, without the quotes
You are set

This will refresh the name inmediatly or just after you finish your current WU.

Thanks man....I did it and now I'm OK..... :D :beer:

Lorixnt2 said:
When can you develop respect for a member of your team you don't like?
The same way we often do in our places of employment. You get above it. You identify what they are able to contribute and you move on. You may have nothing in common except for the common goal. You may not go out for beers after work, but you are both contributing value to the same team. If nobody saw value in an individual, they wouldn't be there.

personally I always thought the www in front of the team name was a bit too long... Overclockers.com SETI team has my vote

im not into seti, a folder actually. But i have been reading this and i really think it should be www.overclockers.com Seti team. what it has always been. or atleast Overclockers.com Seti Team.

Back