• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hole's in a waterblock...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wega!

I'm thinking about making a waterblock, and I have some questions:

1. What size does the hole's in a waterblock normally have?

2. What are the largest/smallest size these hole's can have? ( especially, what are the smallest hole u can use?)

Thanks

Oh, BTW can u use CM and MM, cuz I don't know the relationship between inches and CM.

Most of the blocks I have seen had 3/8 inch (13mm?) holes. If I remember correctly 1 inch = 2.54 CM. The "whole" idea is surface area. The best block I ever saw had 2 parrallel channels milled in it. There was a wall between the channels that really increased the surface area. If you can make a block with a lot of little holes I would suspect you would have a greater surface area and better performance than with one big channel.

Ridenow (May 25, 2001 04:53 p.m.):
Most of the blocks I have seen had 3/8 inch (13mm?) holes. If I remember correctly 1 inch = 2.54 CM. The "whole" idea is surface area. The best block I ever saw had 2 parrallel channels milled in it. There was a wall between the channels that really increased the surface area. If you can make a block with a lot of little holes I would suspect you would have a greater surface area and better performance than with one big channel.

Actually, DD milled a finned block that was just the outer maze block, but instead of a Maze, it was just rows of fins, which of course gave tons and tons of surface area. The results, EXACTLY the same, no difference.

And to Walter's Question, most fittings on blocks are 3/8", although some have 1/2" for increased flow rate.

Allan Nielsen (May 25, 2001 07:22 p.m.):
Hey Walter, where did you get that quote in your signature? just curious...

And an inch is indeed 2.54 cm.
And a cm is 0.3937 inches! :)

I've got it from one of their song's called "Move Your A$$".

Thanks for the info about the inch/CM thing.

Back