• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ideas ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
I was given a PC today... it ahd 2k pro on it works perfectly the owner gave it to me cuz she got a newer P-4 system... but ok.. :) I installed my modem its a DSL modem it connects and everything... it just seems when i try to goto a web site its like them computer dosent know that its connected :/ how can i fix this problem ?

If you use internet explorer, make sure that you have the settings to "auto-detect." Also after you connect your computer to the modem, be sure that you restart... unless you're running it through a router... A little more detail in your description of your problem would probably make it easier for us to determine what may be causing the problem. Anyway I hope this helps for now. :)

no ive also tryed that... what else do you want to know about ? lemme know everything i gotta tell you to help me and i let you know :)

did any software come with the DSL modem? you usually have to install the PPPoe software, and put in your username & password in order for it to connect

yes i know how to install the software wand everything.. it just not working on 2k pro... on xp pro it works fine same with win98se

Have you tried going into your TCP/IP settings and under properties make sure that everything is set to obtain automatically

also type cmd into your runbox then: ipconfig /all

see if you have a dns server listed see whats missing

well I just fixed the problem.... hehe I just installed Windows XP Pro :) no problems :)... but ummm how do i make it show my computer on my desktop ?

Back